Five days ago I had a lipo on my tummy and fat transplant on my buttocks. I just feel awful. If I had known better I would had never done it. First, I never had general anesthesia before and had no idea of how my body would react to it. Few hours after the surgery (maybe 10) I started vomiting and could not stop. I felt dizzy, nauseous and terribly in pain. I took some painkillers and that kind of helped with the pain (Endocet 500). But yesterday I decided I do not want to take these anymore. When I'm sleeping they make me feel really strange. Everything feels more like hallucinating than dreaming, so no more Endocet 500 for me. The doctor said I could buy Tylenol Extra Strength over the counter. I also told him about the numbness and continuous pain that I'm feeling on the affected areas and he told me it was normal....in other words just bear with the aftermaths of plastic surgery.

I was also expecting to see the results right away and I really don't. I'm hoping to get better so I can examine myself really close in the mirror but now I'm in no mood for vain stuff. Vanity was the one who made go under the knife so right now we are not having a really good relationship. Sitting here in pain, and barely seeing any results (I was not that fat, I was just 130 pounds and I just wanted to get rid of the love handles and get my butt more curvier) and not mentioning that I'm 15,000 dollars poorer, I can't help but to feel really bad right now. I just want to get well. :cry:
Also, is it really bad if I remove the garment they make you wear in order to compressed the skin? I wore it faithfully for the first 3 days. On day 4 I removed once to take a shower and put it back to go and see my doctor. But by the end of the day I was in so much pain and discomfort that I just had to remove it. So it's been a whole day without it. That garment is torture. How bad would it be if I don't wear it considering that I did wear during the first three days.

Hi -- first: DO NOT TAKE THE GARMENT OFF -- DO NOT DO NOT DO NOT!!! It serves NUMEROUS purposes: Fluid -- it keeps the fluid from pooling and swelling -- which is BAD. Second: If you swell, you tear incisions, and if they stretch out they will SCAR more! So leave it on!

So lemme ask you a question: If you had been in a pretty moderate to severe car accident would you expect to be totally healed and be back to normal after only 5 days? I really really doubt it. So what's the difference? Nothing except that an accident is, well, an accident. But your surgery was self-inflicted -- but that's ALL. As far as your BODY is concerned (NOT your psyche), it's all the same -- a trauma has occurred and it has to fix it. Cut yourself some slack here g/f! Think POSITIVE. It's all perfectly totally normal!

Next thing is this: Did you think this was gonna be a cake-walk? Nahhhh -- you're too smart for that! What do you mean if you'd known better?? You did your research - you knew what was coming!! It's just that now it's time to pay the piper -- and the price for looking great is some pain and or uncomfortableness. And btw, if that pain med isn't working for you, MAKE your doc give you a different one -- they all work differently. But anyway, we just get ourselves hung up on wanting instant gratification cuz we're excited! Which is all normal, and why post op depression/"regret" is NORMAL -- and it will pass. But 5 days is NOTHING. I'm 4 weeks post op and JUST in the last FEW days am starting to feel SOMEWHAT like myself. So make yourself a rule: No more crying, no more "what-ifs", no more bad negative thoughts. From now on, until 4 weeks post op, you're gonna BELIEVE that everything is just FINE and progressing EXACTLY how it's supposed to. Fake it till you make it! And you will be SOOOO happy you did this -- and you WILL see a difference and it'll just keep getting better -- and at the 6 month mark -- you'll find it hard to believe you ever felt the way you feel now.
Stay strong -- plastic surgery ain't for sissys! ;-)

Thank you so much for your words of encouragement. It's now been 10 days since the surgery and I do feel a lot better now. I even stopped the painkillers. I have continued to wear the garment, not 24/7, but at least for most of the time. I'm still a little disappointmented with the results but I know I need to be patient, so I'm hanging in there.

You mentioned that your surgery was 4 weeks ago, can you see any results by now? I'm not planning to have another surgery but is it always that bad during the first few days? what symptoms did you experience?

I just wanted to post a reply, because I know exactly what you mean. I can see the sentiment of the person who was all POSTIVE< POSITIVE, POSITIVE, but sometimes, you just want someone to understand where you're at.

I'm 4 weeks post-liposuction, and I have to say (even being a biochemist, and reading about the pain), I'm not sure I would have had it done if I'd known it was that bad.

Like you, I spent the first three days throwing up, until I was so weak from not being able to eat. Then, the swelling came, and now I'm on the creepy, crawly, burning sensations.

I think liposuction should, MEDICALLY, be reserved for those with serious psychological issues with their body shape, not just those who want to spot reduce areas of fat. I don't think the pain I went through was worth the results - I wasn't fat to start with - just bottom heavy.

So, take heart, don't feel guilty for feeling like you do, and just put it down to one of life's experiences.

Hope this helps,

Esther
:-D

I am 5 days post op darling for my full abs and hips. Pain and swelling still there but hanging on. Worst of the pain lands when I try to transfer from a standing to sitting then to lying and vice versa. One day you see a nice smooth flat tummy and the next day it will be bulging and causing you some panic attack. Doc took out 3500 cc from me though I was a near slim already. And looks like his hardwork is taking its tolls now on me :-) . But it should be worth it as how qoftheu explained splendidly. I believe I was kinda upset too wht more when I took this risk without informing my hubby and family (they still dont know btw). But I thought - u knw wht, I should heal speedily as I already had two c-secs before and recovered in a breeze. But it did prove otherwise. But now after reading qoftheu's motivational words I am all up on the go and willing to wait and fake my exceptional success with a curvier and a much much sexier body line.

Oops I did again! Despite my fears and the promise that I would never do that to myself after feeling so sick, this summer I tried to put my anxiety to one side and went under the knife one more time (given that I was not happy with last year's results). But to my surprise I did not feel as sick as with my first lipo and fat transplant. This time everything went smoothly and while I'm still in pain (this is my 5th day after the surgery) it's not something that I can't bear (it feels more like over exercised muscles). Yet, before the procedure I was terribly scared because I did not want to go through the same experience I went last time with all the pain and the recovery process. This time the doctor did lipo on my arms and my thighs (they were not so thick but my doctor needed the fat to transplant on my buttocks, which had absorbed most of the fat he transplanted last year). I wanted him to do some lipo on my abdomen but he considered that I did not have enough fat on that area... 8-|
In conclusion I wouldn't recommend butt augmentation through fat transplant. Why? It is a very expensive procedure (my doctor charges close to 10,000 dollars....way too much) and what they don't tell you is that most likely 90% of the fat will absorbed in less than three months, leaving you as flat as you were before the surgery, not to mention broke. The only reason I decided to go for a second procedure was because the doctor did warn me about a "possible but unlikely fat absorption" and that if it happened he would do the procedure one more time at no charge (except for anesthesia and operating room costs that amount to an additional 2,500 dollars 8-| ). This kind of fat transplant is also called Brazilian Buttocks Augmentation and while it is recommended for a curvier derriere the results are likely to be disappointing----if not immediately over a period of months...
Perhaps I never had enough fat that they could transplant for me to see a considerable difference (during my first surgery I was only 130 and this summer I was weighing much less, close to 120) so a person's weight and the fat that the doctor is willing to remove/ transplant are big factors; so unless a person is 300 pounds and her body has enough fat for the surgeon to sculpt a butt like that of Aunt Jemima (which within a few days will gradually be reduced to a decent and shapely looking derriere), I wouldn't recommend wasting your money and hopes on this type of surgery.

I've had general anaesthesia for various surgeries and I'm so sorry for the vomiting you had to experience. I just want to tell people that may read this that every time I have had general anaesthesia, I tell the anaesthesiologist that I need medication to prevent nausea and vomiting. I may not have reacted the same way after the different surgeries but I did not want to find out after I've been sliced and in pain. My last surgery I told the anaesthesiologist and she was very appreciative that I told her and made sure I did not get sick. I do not know what she gave me while I was under, but I do know that she said she was going to give me 2 different medication before walking up from surgery. I hope this helps.

Oh my gosh I have the exact same issue! I think it's funny how you had a good experience though because the last time I went under the knife the anaesthesiologist didn't believe me and I actually ended up vomiting during the surgery right onto him. He definitely believed me after that... thanks for your experiences.

Results do not show the same for everyone! However NOT wearing that girdle will indeed and can INDEED ruin your results so if you didn't want to wear it nobody can make you that's all on you, no offense but ladies since this post is a YEAR ago that compression garmet is for a reason ladies =) ...To help shape you body and keep the SWELLING down, whether it hurts of not leave it on! Why this person didn't get this idk? I also have no idea what Dr she went to for $15,000 =/ but she got ripped .. Lipo doesn;'t cost THAT much and I went to the finest Dr in OC California..seen on the Oz show and all over Tv..famous Dr Nicole and he doesn't even charge that =/??? Anyway, torture is lipo = RESULTS isn't that why we did it lol =)~ I went from a size 10 fat girl, with 3 rolls, and my lovely muffin top, to a size 5, with a flat stomach no muffin top, and and I'm still shrinking. Sure I do have some swelling here and there but my results are because I..

1. Went to a reputable Dr/Do your homework

2. Kept that girdle on 24/7 unless in shower or a few hours post 3 weeks a day off..then it goes right back on all night and day long

3 Ate no less then 1,250 calories a day, walked 20-30 min post 2-3 weeks Massage my areas lightly, cool showers to cool down hot areas, arnica<<<< BIG yes, yes to help healing and inflamation

Disipline yourselfs if you truely want those RESULTS

Good luck ladies

hi i just had my surgery done yesterday lipo with fat transfer to my butt i was so nervous being this my first time and reading so many stories on the bad effects to people so far today being my second day i have no pain thank GOD!!!!! cuz i am very sissy the only problem i have is going to bed rolling over to the side and the belt they make u put it on is awful i am very tight i went to the doctor today they clean me up remove the dirty gauze and replace them with new ones they told me by monday i can take a shower finally im also wearing are some tight surgical leggins to prevent swelling in your legs i have no bruises on my body so far i have seen the results my butt is big but they say is because its swollen it will come down :-( i am still hanging in there i got to visit the doctor next week for massage to my body i havent drink any pain medication only my antibiotics i have been able to sit on a surgical donut my diet is normal i will keep u post as my recovery goes...................hope it help

it's bad the the end result will be so worth it. you will like your body 100x more than before. the doctor scultured you as if you are a doll. just bear the pain. i was the same but I survived and now can wear any outfit and will look nice on me. before, ididn't want to buy any clothes because nothing lookd good on me due to my unproportioned body

hi Daniella, I can see its been a while you have done your fat transfer to buttocks, can I ask you do you still see the results of the fat transfered? I've done my fat transfer and its been 2 weeks now but its seems like everyday my butt is reducing and i thought this would be permanent. my doc advised me for a second operation but I don't know if is worth for.

Hi Jenn, how is butt is it still big after 3 months or u notice difference??

Thank you so much for posting this. I'm 5 days out too and have been having feelings of regret because I'm in so much pain and I look like I've been hit by a car. Hearing your words of encouragement helped me this morning when all I wanted to do was lay here at cry. Please tell me I will feel normal soon . I feel like a zombie doped up on pain meds and I can't sit anywhere so I stand all the time. My butt hurts so bad!! Is that from skin and muscles stretching to accommodate the fat transfer?