Hi, I have been looking for a good rhinoplasty surgeon for a long time now... I have seen Dr. Vitolo and didn't like that he ddn't even do my pictures himself and didn't make me feel comfortable...even though he did a petty good job on my friend.
I went to Dr. Tobias and he told me that there was not much he could do and he also seemed reluctant to show me recent photos of patients... just got a weird vibe. Also there are a lot of complaints about him.
Then i went to Dr. Erlich and I saw his pictures and just loved him aesthetic eye. He did my pictures right in front of me and I like what I saw.
I just want to make sure that he's good, and if there are any former patients I would love to hear from them!

Thanx.

Well is he good (Erlich)? I didn't see any replies to the original post. I'm curious if the person who originally posted actually ended up using him and what their experience was. If they see this, I would love to hear from them. I almost made an appointment but I was turned off by the office staff who I spoke with on the phone, even so I have a good feeling about this Dr. for whatever reason. I ended up reading negative things about all the other doctors I looked into for a nose job except for this one. I would really like to talk with someone who went to him for their nose job to hear what they have to say. They said the cost would be $10,000 to $12,000, does that sound right?

No one replied to this post, I was wondering if anyone out there has tried Dr. Erlich and what their experience was. If you ended up using him and/or received feedback I would love for you to pass it along to me. I really want to get my nose job but I don't know which Dr. to go with.

I had a good feeling about Dr. Erlich for whatever reason but I did not like his staff. I felt like the woman I spoke with underestimated the seriousness of a bad result (this is after I shared my friend's bad experience) her reply was that it is very very rare and far from a disaster. That may be true but for me if I am that one person who does have a bad result it would be a disaster because $10K or $12K is a lot of money for me, taking the time off from work is not easy and plastic surgery is not a common occurance in my social and professional circles, not to mention any surgery is a risk and should not be taken likely, she just seemed too flippant about the whole thing.

Anyway, before I go on, I should wait to see if the original poster even replies... I would really appreciate it if you do.

Thank you much!

Hi, Dr. Erlich performed my nose surgery two weeks ago, and I have to say that he is great! Dr. Erlich and his staff are extremely nice and made me feel comfortable pre and post surgery. He even calls you the same night you had your surgery to make sure everything is ok.

I had a small bump on my nose that was reduced, my nose was made narrower, and the tip was lifted. I still look like myself just a whole lot better. I had no pain after surgery, so I did not take any pain killers, just the antibiotics (the receptionist told me that 97% of his patients do not use the pain killers after rhinoplasty). Plus, I had very minor bruising on my eye lids which just looked like I was wearing eyeliner.

He may be a bit pricey, but every penny is well worth it. Dr. Erlich follows up three or four times (in office visits) with his patients after surgery to make sure you're healing well. By the way, I was referred by two of my friends who have done rhinoplasty with him, and they both, just like me, have had great results.

He is a great doctor. I have gone to him a couple of times. He is very caring and does amazing work.

Hi

I am new to this site and have just started researching Dr Erlich for a rhinoplasty. Since I don't know anyone personally who has gone to him I am relying on on-line resources for recommendations. I am assuming you are talking about Dr Mark Erlich in New York City? Please confirm.

Also, what was the down time with Rhinoplasty, could you go back to work after a week without people knowing you had surgery? I don't want to tell many people that i am having it, although of course, i want it to make a dramatic difference to my face but in reality, my surgery will be minimal and probably not that noticeable.

Thanks - would love to hear from other satisfied patients if you are out there!

I just had my rhinoplasty with Dr. Erlich 2 weeks ago and I could not be happier with the results! He is truly an amazing surgeon and I would highly recommend him. His staff was very caring and generous pre and post surgery as someone else mentioned before. They made me feel at ease from the moment I stepped into his office for my consultation to my bandage removal the other day. You can check out his pictures on his website and request to see more when you set up a consultation. I would have trusted no other surgeon with my face! Hes amazing! Hope this helps!

Hi!

I have also been looking favorably at Dr. Erlich. May I inquire how much the whole thing costs? I'm on a tight budget, but really don't want to compromise on the quality and skill of the surgeon.

I have been looking into Dr. Erlich as well and am amazed at his beautiful work on nose jobs. I am however wondering why the plastic surgeries are done at the office and not at a hospital. Is that accurate? Thanks

I just booked my revision rhinoplasty surgery with Dr. Erlich and Dr. Turk a week ago. I've been to over 8 plastic surgeons in the last two years and Dr. Erlich was the most knowledgeable about my situation, which is a saddle nose deformity, inverted v from an overzealous surgeon for primary rhinoplasty. I'm very nervous, not about his work, but the procedure and outcome in general. He was very accommodating and personable and his work is amazing, dramatic, yet conservative. Wish me luck!!

I´ve seen plastic surgeons both in sweden
and spain for a nose job without being pleased.
2 days ago i let dr erlish in nyc refine and narrow
my nose- even i read in the papers- i should not
look into the mirror and not panic!- i do so and i
just love what i see. dr erlish is a true artist
in shaping noses into a "natural" way.
it was hard for me to put words how i wanted
it to look but he could read me under the lines-
and most important- transform my big ex roman
nose to an esthetic bliss! i truly recommend his
work- even though he might be a little bit pricey.
it´s worth it and last forever and ever.

what his average price i mean? i know it varies from patient to patient

I'm also planing for rhinoplasty and as well wondering about the cost (approximately), of the procedure done by Dr. Erlich. Can anyone please respond to numerous price requests. It seems like nobody wants to talk about the price, this almost makes me believe that some of these positive posts are not real.
Can someone please share their (more detailed) experience with Dr. Erlich. We all know (especially those who had the procedure done already) how difficult it is to make such a decision.
Would be Very grateful for any response.

If this is the same Dr. Ehrlich from PROFILES AND COUNTOURS, Run!! I had cosmetic eye surgery done by him in the eighties when I was in 22 to reduce the puffiness under my eyes. He botched it twice and I had to have 3 additional surgeries afterwards, the last one tarsal suspension to repair the damage. At the time he said he was board certified, which technically he was but NOT BY THE DIPLOMATE AMERICAN BOARD OF PLASTIC SURGEONS. I found this out after the fact. He does all his work in his office because he probably doesn't have rights or affiliations with any hospital. Most dedicated established surgeons do. He was very personable and confident when I met him also, made the surgery sound like a piece of cake. At the time the consultation was free, that was an incentive to come in. I was too naive at the time to check deeper, get more consultations and check his background. He took pictures, but did he take precise measurements to the millimeter or anything else technical before the job? Did he ask or check your medical background or history?

He may have improved over the years, but I wouldn't trust his character even under the best circumstances. Unless something goes horribly and obviously wrong you have no recourse if he screws you up cosmetically. Believe me, `I know. Just because there are no official cases file does not mean he competent. Complaints and charges made don't count, only convictions.

Price should not be your main concern. Dr. Erlich charged considerably less than other surgeons when I went to him. I paid tenfold in corrective surgery