hi ppl i need some advice plz im 37+5 and since last night i have been having this really bad stabbing pain in my stomach nearer on the right than the left tho and its got worse what could it be? xxxx :-(

It could be an Ectopic pregnancy, when the egg has settled outside of the uterus. It is very dangerous, and you should report to a doctor immediately.

I know this is an old post but in case another person looking for this help....

For the 'Guest' that answered....
IT COULD NOT be an etopic pregnancy....
HELLO.......................
She's 37+ weeks pregnant....

This is a question that needs to be answered by her OB.
She needs to call Labor & Delivery!

I agree, any pain during pregnancy should be checked out by your OB/GYN. Sometimes a simple phone call to your physician's nurse can put your mind at ease. Pain in this area could be as simple as gas, or indicate that something is wrong. Either way, a quick phone call to your doctor is a great idea. Don't worry that your physician is going to get annoyed by the phone calls either. Remember, it is YOUR OB/GYN and they are in the business of handling the emotions of many pregnant and/or first-time mothers. It is best to have this checked out right away. Please keep us updated. This is a great question that could help a lot of pregnant women going through the same thing.

Hi. I'm 37 weeks pregnant right now with my third child. I have been havin severe pain in my right middle back radiating to the front of my abdomen. My mother n law is a well sertified nurse and just had her gallbladder removed so she has a lil experience n this situation. She told me with my symptoms: nausea, a lil temp and a sudden dizzyness spell that it was in fact my gall bladder n not back labour. Too high for that. I called my ob and he said to go to the hospital and get a pain shot so that I wouldn't stress myself into actual labour then to make an appt. With his office n the morning so they could ultrasound the area and make sure my gallbladder is ok and there aren't any problems such as pollups n such. I believe this is the prob. Sense I have had 2 normal full term pregnancies with no problems so I will b checking this prob. Out early n the morning. Trying to avoid any pain meds as long as possible as I dnt want to jeapordise my baby at this point.

She's 37.5 weeks pregnant they probably would have picked up on that when they did an ultrasound.

Really. You don't get to 37 weeks with an ectopic pregnancy!!

How can it be an ectopic pregnancy if she is 37+5 days pregnant????

Omg! Thanks for saying that! I know this is really old, but I totally freaked out when I saw that someone told the poor last it could be an ectopic pregnancy. How irresponsible of that person! My goodness! I pray she didn't stress out because of that. I pray she didn't even read it!

You shouldn’t give advice if you have no idea what you are talking about. She’s 37 weeks pregnant she’s obviously not going to have an ectopic pregnancy.

I know this is old, but don’t give anyone advice ever again! The person you posted this for could’ve freaked out and when your pregnant period, you don’t need to freak out. Super irresponsible of you to say or post this for someone who’s looking for comforting solid advice.