I am a health 43 year old women. On and off over the last 4 months or so I have been experiencing a burning sensation (not painful) in my lower left abdomen. The sensation may last for a few minutes or for the majority of the day. It always occurs in the same specific place, about 15cm down from navel and 5 cm to the left.
I have no other symptom. It is not tender.
Should I consult my GP?

Hi. I was wondering if you have had any diagnosis yet? I am having the same problems.

Hi. I've been experiencing the same thing. Have you been diagnosed yet?

I am having the same symptoms! Numbness to the left of the navel. A very faint burning sensation, and sometimes an odd itching that feels internal. (if that makes sense) This started occuring after I was hospitalized for diverticulitis last month. (diagnosis still uncertain)

It makes me wonder if there may have been a perforation involved in my colon disorder. I'm only guessing, but can't seem to find any good answers on the internet.
Good luck

I had a really intense internal burning sensation from my waist to the tops of my legs all front and back, it felt as though I was leaning hard against a very hot radiator although my skin felt normal. Never had such a sensation before ....would like to have some idea of what could cause such a feeling, though woke up this morning feeling ok.

I am 43, healthy, and I have the same symptoms. It's like I have been leaning up against a radiator too. I can feel the heat coming from my stomach. Drinking alchohol seems to make it hotter ... but overall, no pain, just burning.

I am also having these symptoms. I am a 38 year old guy in normally perfect health. I too feel like I am randomly leaning against a radiator. Lower left abdomen heat, sometimes the internal tickle, sometimes constipated, sometimes diahrea. I have had 2 CT's, a colonoscopy, blood tests galore and a stool test. The only thing that showed up was yeast overgrowth in the stool. Possibly Candida. So far doctors have guessed IBS, Diverticulitis, Candida, possible parasite, and intestinal infection. I have been on various courses of treatment for all, with no change. Over the past 10 days I have had a very mild fever. Sometimes for an hour, sometimes all day. I usually run 97.6-97.9. When I have the fever it is 99-99.2. Sugar or Acloholic beverages make it much worse the next day.
I am at my wits end. Have any of you had a true diagnosis yet?

Hi ppl, i am glad i am not the only one then. I am experiencing low abdominal burning, burning down to my groin. It is kind of burning sensation coming from inside (if i only knew where from), sometimes feels like internal itching and i just feel like to scratch it. I ve had it for 3 weeks now and last time it happened a year ago. I was just few weeks after the birth of my second child and so made me thing and the doctors it has got to do with some gynecological problem! Ive had an ultrasound, urine checked and vagina swaps, but no infection was found. I have suffered bad constipation all the way with those stupid burning symptoms.
The doctors did not find anything after all, but whot really helped that i have visited an alternative doctor, who just diagnosed me with yeast problem in my intestines + following intestinal infection, i had a remedy which really helped - Chlorella - a natural detox way to your intestines, which should be taken at least 2x a year. I also take probiotics (Acidophilus) daily.I later discovered it is possible to buy the chinese chlorella suplement from good health shop. I never thought it could be a digestive problem and i am just about to detox myself again to see if i can go back to normal.
I hope that it could be useful for some of you.

It's nice to know that someone else has these symptoms (actually horrible). Ok about 5 years ago and ever since I sometimes get this burning/sharp pain in the left stomach that radiates around to my back and I can hardly move. I have had numerous tests done (GI, colon & endoscopy, been to a neurologist, family dr) and the doc's think I am insane BUT ever since all of this has happened my stomach (left side only) has been numb, sometimes itches, sometimes sharp burning pains....and the stupid ass doc's do not know what it is!!!!! RRRRRR!!!! So if anyone found anything out....please please let me know so I too can have some kind of understanding!! You can respond to kaje90 at yahoo

I am experiencing this itching, buring sensation as well. Except - it's on my right side lower abdomen. The area that bothers me can't be bigger than my palm.

It seems everyone on here is experiencing this on the left side - I'm assuming it can be either or. Mine, also isn't a constant feeling - it comes and goes. I first felt it about a month ago and then after about a week 1/2 - it went away. Yesterday, I started experiencing it again - and it's in the same exact spot and comes and goes - I'd say every 8 to 10 minutes.

Could it be the same thing you all are experiencing?

I am experiencing the same odd tingling sensation. Sort of comes in waves. I have had this for about a year and only recently has it became more frequent. I have decided to go get a full physical.
I'll keep you all posted with the results. In the mean time don't search google because all it will say is Crohns or something overly dramatic.
I just had a friend who had to get his whole colon removed due to severe ulcers and he is only 22.
As you could imagine this makes me somewhat nervous.
Any how, I'll be back posting my results.

I am also having the lower right abdominal pain, but it's not really a pain, more like an irritation with buring feeling that seems almost like my intestines or something is sticking to something else in there. I often say it feels like something is raw and irritated. I want to say that it feels like it may be near my ovaries but I can't really tell. I have been having this off and on for about 1 year. I haven't seen a doctor about it, because it goes away by the time I can get to the appointment and then it doesn't seem important. I would love to know what it is though, especially since I'm not the only one feeling it. I'm getting a little afraid after reading on the internet, there may be a problem my appendix. Many of you sound like you are having the same simptoms but no one has said that it feels raw, like its something sticking.

I'm anxious to know if anyone here has received an accurate diagnosis and, more importantly, an effective treatment for the lower abdominal pain. I'm a 41-year old male who's about 50 pounds above my normal weight, and I've been having this burning sensation in my lower left abdomen on and off for three months now, and even occasionally feel a similar sensation in my lower right abdomen. My doctor didn't hesitate to send me in for a (costly) CT scan, but I don't yet know the results. Was anxious to hear if anyone had a magic cure for this, or at least some idea of what is causing it.

I get the exact same burning in my left side!!! I have had it for 4 years now. I would mostly get it in the morning in bed, once I would get up and move around it usually stopped. It isn't painful...just strange burning/warm. But as I sit at my desk right now it started to burn (which made me want to see if any one else gets this).

I have been to the doctor and have had every test. I had an ovarian cyst but now it is gone and the burning is still there. Lately she asked me to keep watch to see if it related to my colon...which I am thinking it might.

I get a warm/hot sensation in my lower, right abdomen, as well. Pretty new onset. Yesterday, I started feeling it on my lower, right back (just behind the abdominal site). No pain or tenderness, but very intense heat that comes and goes every few minutes. I do have some pain in that area, but it is constant and feels like sore or tight muscles. Urine test and physical exam were negative. I had ultrasounds a year ago, prior to this symptom, that showed only a small cyst on the kidney. I just had ultrasounds done again on Friday, so no results, yet. I'm wondering if it might be a vitamin deficiency, so today I've restarted a multivit and calcium +D. I live in an area that gets very little sun during the winter, and I have read that abdominal pain can be related to a D deficiency. I'll write back with the test results, and if the supplements seem to be helping.