hello there i really hope someone could advise me as im really at the end of my tether !! ..
my names Lisa im 31 years old ive had lower left abdominal pain for approx 3/4 days now ( however i have had this before on a few occasions ) ..
the pain is constant but not severe - it is only severe when i sit down quickly / have intercourse / pass a bowel movement ( after i pass it goes away for a little while but returns ) - ive seen my doctors and yes there useless !! - ive been told i have a stomuch ache / irritable bowel / pelvic inflammetry and a simply a we dont know was one answer !! ..
now this pain when i press around to find out exactly where is just above my pubic bone but to the left .. and pretty uch surrounding that area now i am pretty worried as ive had this pain before but very severe and it was a ectopic pregnancy but i knew i was pregnant and i was rushed into hospital in may 2008 where i had surgery losing my right tube and baby - now i know im not pregnant as my LMP was 4th july 2009 and im not due on till the start of august ... !! .. anyway .. i have no fever or sickness it simply hurts ..
ive had problems with bowel movement and admit yes i prob do have irritable bowel of somekind .. but this i believe is not the case with this pain .. oh i always feel like i need the loo not to pass a bowel movement ... if someone could please advise me id greatly appreciate it .. i dont know what else to do infact im pretty embaressed in going back to my doctors now as i must seem like one of them people who make up illnesses or something !! .. i assure you IM NOT !! .. :-(

Hi LittleLisa,
Did they scan you for diverticulitis? Research it a little. You know, I get ALOT of the same symptoms that you have right now, in fact, I am experiencing those things on and off. Do you have a fever with this pain? Do you have any blood in your stools (not to be gross, sorry). I wonder if they will do a CAT scan on your intestines? Dont get frustrated. Let me know how you are.

Hizgrace

they have never scanned for diverticulitus only was scanned once about 3 years ago and i think they were looking for any changes with my ovaries like a cyst or something.. but that came back clear .. i dont have fever although im feeling a little nausea now .. no blood in stools but i noticed there a little mucus ???? ..
im going to have to book a appointment with my doctor and stand firm and not take no for a answer as they keep fobbing me off ..
what is diverticulitis ?? ..