My daughter had stomach pain few weeks ago and we had to take her to the doctor. It became worst each day so we had to do something. She had abdominal pain, tenderness and fever. After some examination, her doctor told us she has diverticulitis. Since I have never heard for this I would like to know more.

Diverticulitis is a condition that refers rupture of diverticuli in the colon. The rupture results in infection in the tissues that surround colon. This part of large intestine is a long tube-like structure. Its job is to store and then eliminates waste material. Usually as a person ages, pressure within the colon causes bulging pockets of tissue, or sacs. Those sacs push out from the colon walls. This small bulging sac pushing outward from the colon wall is called a diverticulum. When there is more than one bulging sac, it is referred to as diverticula. This condition of having these diverticula in the colon is called diverticulosis, and this is probably problem with your daughter. A patient with diverticulosis may have few or not even one symptom. When diverticulum become infected, and ruptures, condition is called diverticulitis.

info on the above mentioned disorder.

tuckersnannie wrote:

info on the above mentioned disorder.

Hello! It would be much easier if I new what exactly you were interested in learning, so I wouldn’t be talking about the things you may already know.
Have you been diagnosed with diverticulitis?

This means that some pouches (called diverticula) have been created in your colon (this is called diverticulosis). When these pouches get inflamed and infected, it is called diverticulitis. Inflammations happens to up 25% of people who develop diverticulosis.

Do you suffer from abdominal pain, especially in the left side of the lower abdomen? This is one of the most common symptoms. Other symptoms depend on the severity of the infection.

How would you describe your nutrition? It is not confirmed with certainty but it is suspected that the main cause of the disease is low fiber diet.

Mild cases are usually treated with changes in diet, rest and antibiotics.
Just an increase in fibers could help you reduce some of the symptoms because fiber makes your stool soft and lowers pressure inside the colon. It is recommended that people should have 20 to 35 grams of fiber intake each day.

What were your main symptoms?

There is a list of fiber rich food, so if you are interested I could share it with you! Let me know!

my husband can not sleep at night. stomach burning on all kinds of meds no help. what can i do . if it not his stomach it his head. help me please.

i dont know if iam pregant or not but iam haveing really bad stomach pains can that be a sign of pregancy? please help

you should make sure you and not having a tubal pregnancy, this

is what I experienced with my tubal pregnancy, Don't Wait!! Go in and

get checked out. It could be many other things also, irritable bowel etc., but just go in to the doctor and get checked out.