Any help here would be greatly appreciated. I have had the symptoms of abdominal pain, rapid weight gain, and bloated, where I have gone up 3 dress sizes in 2 months, and only have gained about 7 pounds. I had C-diff back in DEC, and was thought to have IBS, but the IBS pills I have been on now are NOT working. Does anyone have any of these symptoms or any suggestions? Also I had Endometriosis back in 03, and asked the DOC if that was something he thought may be reoccuring but he reassured me that it wasn't. Any suggestions at all???
Thank you,
Sarah

I am looking for the same answer

I have these symptoms and im scared I had a uterine ablation done about 5 months ago and I am rapidly gaining weight.Im scared of stomach or other cancer any suggestions???/???

?

I am also looking for the same answer. Since April I only seem to be putting on weight, feeling bloated with a stomach that you would say I am either 4-5 months pregnant gained 7kilos and gone up 2 sizes. I have not changed my eating habits, do sport 3 times a week and don't drink anything with caffeine. From time to time a couple of glasses of wine, but that's it. On top of all the above, the last 4 weeks I constantly have heartburn after I eat (anything) and have serious gas problems, which do not stop even if I take pills or infusions specific to this. The only think I can thin^k of is having some sensitivity to dairy poducts, which I eat everyday, but which I have been eating all my life!

Can you help?

I have the exact same thing it all started 2 months after my partial hysterectomy. I just started packing on pound and it is like my food does not want to digest. I work out 6 times a week for an 1 1/2hr. hard core cardio lifting weights and still manage to gain even when starving my self I still gain. I have been on Zelnorm which helped me go to the bathroom and helped with the bloating. They tookit off the market and I am back to suffering. They have put me on tyroid medication which helps with my fatigue and all over bloatedness but is making me look flabby instead of toned and I am not at strong. I am also taking Amitiza and it seems to help but not unless I take the Thyroid also. The Amitiza makes me deathly sick to my stomach if I even drink 1 alcoholic beverage with it.
I do notice that if I don't take the Amitiza and have a couple of alcoholic beverages I am able to go to the bathroom but who want to drink all the time and consume all those calories. This is driving me crazy there has to be some type of relief. Another thing I find odd is the fact that I feel wonderful if I take the diet drug phentermine my stomach feels wonderful when taking this but they only prescribe it for 3months then your screwed.
anyone have any suggestions.

hope all you ladies have got better since 2007. Currently being treated for diverticulitus, however Barium meal postponed as Doc said ultrasound and CAT scan first incase of a perforation in the intestines. My pain at the side of my tummy button feels like I have a constant stitch but deeper, tummy bloated permantly and pain 20 mins after eating. Hope its not serious, getting worried now, had this pain for years, comes and goes.

I had these problems and it stoped when I was diagnosed with a wheat allergy. I quit eating wheat for 2 years and was great, no pain, lost weight but now i have gone back to my old habits and the stomach swelling and rapid weight gain has returned. try going without wheat you will know quickly if that is the problem.

i too gained weight after a partial hysterectomy. The only solution is 2-3 hours of cardio a day.

I am an old pro at being a patient. I am a 47 yo female who has had 29 operations, traumatic amputation, cervical cancer, colon cancer, hep c Geno type 1, brain aneurysm with two mini strokes to follow and resulting MS which is now in remission. I had a hysterectomy at the age of 27 due to the cervical cancer. Lots of bowel problems. sister teases " you will do anything to lose weight, hysterectomy, appendectomy and foot-ectomy".

in 2003 it was discovered that I had the H-pyloria (Helicobacter pylori (pronounced /ˌhɛlɪkoˈbæktər pɪˈlɔraɪ/) is a Gram-negative, microaerophilic bacterium that can inhabit various areas of the stomach and duodenum. It causes a chronic low-level inflammation of the stomach lining and is strongly ed to the development of duodenal and gastric ulcers and stomach cancer. Over 80% of individuals infected with the bacterium are asymptomatic.) STOOL TESTS CAN DETERMINE! a simple "prev-pac" of anti-bio-tics prescribed twice a day can easily get rid of this bacteria.
Of course, since i have had so many things wrong, I am numb to new and hindering problems and wasn't aware till it had eaten holes in my esophagus, stomach and colon..
another routing visit to my Gyn doctor showed to have a solid mass on my right ovary which i still have. the few days priorto going under the knife once again, I had a dream I shared with my doctor.. this dream.. I was a very small person with a flashlight attached to my forehead, I was walking through my cleansed intestines examining every inch to see what the problem was and heard a voice that said, "don't look inside, look outside". anyway I went on to have surgery to find out if the mass on my ovary was benign or malignant and found out that my appendix was the solid mass attached to my right ovary and was ready to rupture.. the doctor told me on my followup visit that scar tissue from my having the hysterectomy took over, invaded if you will every occupy able space in my torso and rearranged me at its discretion. lets put this appendix on this lovely little egg, and this liver tucked up here and tilt it out of the way, and how about this intestine think i might choke it out. ugh,. doctor cut it all away as much as possible and put everything back in it's God given order.. ah, that feels so much better, I can go to the bathroom and wow, I can breath.. the liver is no longer swooshing my diaphragm and lungs. this is how you should feel..Yippee.. However, it has been 6 years and I am having the same difficulties. My multiple choices would be, 1).parasites, 2.)scar tissue, 3.)bacteria 4). too many laxatives, 5.) fatty liver or 6.) paranoia. I would guess for myself #2.

After reading all your posts, I also have some of the same symptoms and are looking for answers. Have been diagnosed with IBS, can't pin down what makes me bloat and have serious gas in my stomach area. Some days are good some days are really bad. 70% of the time I have diahrea. Overall in the past year or so I have gained approx 15 pounds. Eat very normal diet and work out three times a week. None to very little fats and junk food, no soda pop, no coffee, only herbal teas and water, milk, 1 glass red wine a day.I had a tubal ligation two years ago and am now scheduled for a hysterectomy in January. I am having the hyst. due to extremely heavy bleeding each month and results from a pelvic ultrasound shows I have a subseptate uterus and a hemhoragic cyst on my ovary. Tried Depo-provera to try and get periods a little normal but it backfired after a year of taking the shots, I had more period days than non period days. Doc said after three months it would get better and it didn't. Now trying Alesse but get bad headaches.
Looking for as much info as I can on hyst and getting pretty scared that if I go through this I could gain more weight, have worse stomach pain and gas and what's going to happen to my body, really!

Does anyone actually have an answer?

I have the same symptoms and found out a few months ago that I have fibromyelsia and I also have IBS...A lot of people with Fibro have IBS too so if I were you I would look into that

This is crazy..I am a 45 yo female. I have been having Severe abdominal pain and bloating for about 2 weeks...I have weighed about 130 for the past 2 years after a 70 lb weightloss and 2 weeks ago, i was at 128 and today 142. Im going crazy. I cant have a bowel movement without MOM. I tried magnesium citrate and a fleet enima and nothing. I urinate ALL the time day and night yet my urine is concentrated and Im extremely dehydrated. Ive been to the ER 5 times in 2 weeks and a couple Drs appts since this began . My kidneys hurt, my chest hurts and i look like im 8 months pregnant. My face swells, my tempels hurt and i have spinning sensation when i lay down. Slurred speech from time to time, clumsy and unstable and I have alot of neck pain. I too have had 25 surgeries which include removal of gall bladder, a horrific hysterectomy, 7 laporoscopies, a bladder sling..etc, etc, etc. I also have rheumitoid arthritis which i take injections for. Doc's have done 2 CT's 3 Abdominal xrays, and blood work. I had a fever with it for about 1 and 1/2 weeks but with antibiotics that stopped..Everyone keeps saying theres nothing wrong??? they ARE wrong. Im afraid something so serious is going on and Im dying. Its like they dont listen to me. I hate taking narcotic pain meds but have to every 6 hours on the hour or ill sit in a corner and scream and cry. I used to be able to eat ANYTHING and sometimes would lose weight as a result and now im gaining very quickly. My heart hurts really bad to. I also had a live xray the other day and they thought they saw a renal hernia then changed there mind only to call back today and say they need to do the procedure over, dont know why..I think im dying and at times would like to with all this pain. And im sick of dr's thinking im coming in just to get drugs. I would do nearly ANYTHING to not have to take anything and get relief from this excruciating pain. I also feel really crampy and like i have ovarian cysts only i dont have a uterus or ovaries...Please help me!!!!

Guest from 3 months ago, have you been checked for Cushing's disease?  If not, INSIST upon it.  If one doc won't do it, go to another.  Find a good endocrinologist.

What was the answer? Since March of this year, I have put on 20 pounds, all in the abdomen and have gone up 3 sizes. I go for a breath test (for heartburn) and stomach xrays soon.