I just found out that I am having abnormal uterus. I’ve been on ultrasound because I had suspected that I was pregnant…weird thing is that they didn’t tell me this before and this is not the first time that I am having exams like this. Please tell me what kind of abnormalities of uterus exists and how they affect fertility. Can this prevent me of getting pregnant?

There are a few kinds of abnormalities: a bicornuate uterus ( very common, instead of the womb being pear-shaped, it is shaped like a heart, with a deep indentation at the top, this means that the baby has less space to grow than in a normally shaped womb ) ; a unicornuate uterus ( happens when the tissue that forms the womb does not develop properly, this is a very rare condition, it is just half the size of a normal womb ) ;a double uterus (when the uterus has two inner cavities) ; a septated uterus (where the inside of the uterus is divided by a wall) and tilted uterus(which leans away from the bladder rather than over it). Tilted does not make woman less fertile, but septum can make problems, also unicornuate may cause difficulties conceiving, but generally speaking abnormal uterus do not prevent women from getting pregnant.

Hi I have found out also I have an abnormal uterus(Bicornuate).
My question is - Should I go see a gyno first before I try to concieve again.I know I can concieve but the main question is could I carry the baby to term with no problems or abnormalities. One doctor says no the other yes - what do I do.Please could I have your help...
Desperate to have a baby....
Thankyou

volkmer wrote:

Yes it can affect fertility. But it depends on shape. I have an abnormal uterus too and it wasn't what i expected. So my suggestions is that you check again with your doctor or O.B nurse to see how our uterus looks like and what can it affect. Good luck.