I had LEEP treament today and I'm worry I won't be able to concieve afterwards or it will affect the pregnancys to carry full term. What are the changes of getting pregnant after LEEP? What does it do to the cerix? Will my next smear be normal?

Hi Emma! As I'm sure you are aware that when you have LEEP done they insert a loop shaped tool to extract a certain about of cervical tissue! When you have the procedure the doctor should have told you how long to wait before trying - usually 6 - 10 weeks - to become pregnnat! You need the cervix to become "normal" there are 2 things that are more common! 1 is a tightened cervix - which will need to be gently dialated! And then there is the other end of the stick - a too loose cervix - most of those cases are helped by a doctor putting in a few stiches to the cervix - sot the cervix can tolerate the extra pressure and then the stiches are snipped when woman is in labour! So follow your doctors instructions and fingers crossed for you! Also start taking prenatal vitamins - these have been shown to significantly increase your fertility! Hope this helps you honey!?