I started my regular period and it was typical for me except that it lasted 3 days instead of it's usual 5 days. A couple of days later I started bleeding again as if I were starting an entire new period over again with very severe cramps on the left side (the cramps lasted 2 days). The bleeding seemed to stop after 2 days but now I have been bleeding for the past 7 days straight. The blood ranges from light to heavy and a "fresh" bright red color to a brownish "old" color. I worry because I usually only have cramps for one day per period and this time the cramps have been steady for 5 out of the last 7 days. I also am worried that the blood seems to trail off daily but comes back heavy and a "fresh" bright red color immediatly after I think it is subsiding. Has anyone had these symptoms and if so what was the outcome/diagnosis? Thank you very much for any help or suggestions.

Did you ever figure out what was wrong? I am going through the exact same thing right now