I have been given the OK to take xanax AS NEEDED during my pregnancy but as infrequently as possible.  Which I have been doing, but when I do take it, I take anywhere between 4-7 milligrams.  My normal dose is 2mg which does NOTHING for me.  I do NOT plan on taking ANY during my 3rd trimester which is where I hear main complications come from (baby being addicted and baby dying within 24 hours after birth).  Has anyone else abused xanax during pregnancy and had a healthy baby?  I'm 13 weeks and so far, the baby is fine.  I only take it when I'm having a psychotic breakdown!  But each time, I take 3 times my prescribed dose.  I don't think my doctor will prescribe much more so I won't be doing this much longer but started doing this at about 8 weeks (2 to 3 times a week).  Looking to hear from people who abused xanax and what the outcome was of the baby.  Thank you!  

I am prescribed .25 mg, so you at 2 mg is a fairly high does and 4-7 mg is super super high for anyone not to mention being pregnant. I would call your obgyn and be honest with what your taken becauseyour baby could suffer withdrawl and the doc t ors need to be prepared.

I'm afraid to. I'm hoping since I don't take that high a dose very often, and since I won't be taking it at all during 3rd trimester, the baby won't be addicted. I'm not sure my doctor will prescribe much more which would help. If the ultrasounds show signs of trouble, I will tell him I've been taking more than letting on. I'm just really hoping to hear from people who have struggled with this addiction to xanax as I have. Thanks for the concern. That last thing I want is to harm the baby.

my brother died from an accidental overdose and from my experiences a couple things: 1. ultra sounds DO NOT show everything. a family friend took methadone all pregnancy (dr said ok to it) and the baby was in ICU for 3 months after birth...2. your dosage is very high for a not pregnant person never mind you being pregnant. i would be in a coma with 4-7mgs of xanax as would most people. tell your doctor, they will be proud of you and you will by doing so prevent some complications now and in the future as baby grows up... good luck