okay so i have been going to a methadone clinic for 3 and half years and its been a joke for the most part i went from doing pills to doing methadone my councilor once told me that the clinic needs to be my first priority even before my family. well i have been coming down off of my dose of 160mgs at my clinic people are up to 490mgs a day the average dose for people is around 250 280 which is completely uncalled for there is now reason anybody needs to be that high people are nodded out in the waiting room daily and its just crazy i could of went up 80 more mgs but i stopped at 160 i have been going down regularly i actually only have to go twice a week because i phased up cuz i don't smoke pot or any other drugs i have never failed a piss test so i don't have to go daily. well this is where it gets tricky ever since i have been there my period stopped i had my gallbladder removed i couldn't eat normal food i couldn't ever go to the bathroom i had to take ex lax and other things to go about once a week well now that i have been going down i started having my period again got my sex drive back lost 35 pounds and things were going good well i just found out i am pregnant due to quick accurate testing i found out early at about 5 weeks the obgyn wont see me til 8 weeks so i set up a app for me and the Dr at the clinic he comes once a week i went in told him i have been weining and wont to continue because i don't want to take methadone while i am pregnant and don't want to have a baby that would be addicted to methadone i told him that if i was still eating oxys all day i would quit that and that i didn't feel that just because i was going to a clinic it made it any better i said the oxys were from a Dr's office also but it didnt make it any better for me. he said that it isn't safe for me to detox because i could have a miscarriage well i have been going down for 6 weeks already and nothing has happen i forgot to mention that i had a miscarriage when i was at a higher dose. well i said i want to continue to wein at 1 to 2 Mg's a week and that on the second trimester i am going to get completely off of it well he wasn't impressed with me to say the least he said i actually should go up on my dose i said there is noway in hell i would do that and whats the point that i should stay on 40mg when i would be sick in 6 months anyways because of extra blood and the baby would be taking some so whats the point to stay where i am to be sick cuz the baby's taking some of it and then to have a baby that is addicted to methadone and who knows what happens in kindergarten when real signs of it would prob show up not to mention a baby having detox from it at birth i have detoxed before and its no fun at all i know how i felt i cant imagine a new born baby my god it makes me want to cry i am so disappointed in myself for staying there as long as i did i am sad that this is the last baby i am going to have and it was not planned but i wouldn't have a abortion but i sure and hell wont take drugs and hurt my baby so the research i have done says basically they don't want u to detox cuz they don't want you to start doing drugs after your done but that is not what is going to happen here i wasn't addicted to heroin i had been in a bad car accident hit by a drug driver broke my back pelvis and legs and was on oxys for years and methadone clinic which i should of never done was what i thought was my best option not to be sick and get my life on track now that i am almost out of there they want me to go up and have a addicted new born baby i will go back tomorrow and they are suppose to have a order for me to go down i have to sign papers that i am doing it against doctors orders i want to know if anybody has got off of it and what peoples opinions of it are if ur a die hard methadone clinic fan sorry for you i don't want to hear about it i have been a role model patient i haven't done other drugs i haven't failed one piss test since i have been there but in reality i haven't been clean either i have been a slave to a clinic that has the biggest god complex i have ever seen they want money and that's it there no better then any drug dealer on skid row in my opinion

Your right about one thing..These clinics get PAID for every new patient they take in and treat. Your doing the right by wanting to lower your doses. DO IT. Do NOT listen to the people at the clinic, cause they want there as long as they can keep you coming. I commend you for thinking of the baby and the complications that addiction can bring on a newborn. It's been proven that drug addicted newborns are more likely to develope such disorders such as ADD and lowered learning. Wean yourself off, honey, for the babys sake and YOUR sake. you can do it..

I am 13 weeks pregnant and also on methadone. I take 45 mgs a day and was on a msw (medically supervised withdrawal) and once i found out i was pregnant they made me stop going down. When i told my obgyn he called and told them to continue allowing me to go down and said there is no danger of miscarriage and no other dangers to the baby as long as you are off of methadone or stop your decrease before the third trimester. So i now go down 5mgs on mondays and 5mgs on thursday so that i can be completely off by my third trimester. I have actually had verylittle discomfort and wanttobeoff of this so that my baby doesnt have to go through withdrawals once i deliver. The clinic is not going to let you go down unles your obgyn talks to them and tells them to detox you. Because it is the clinics rules to not allow you to go down during pregnancy. So i suggest talking with your obgyn an ddeveloping a plan.