Hello! I am a mother of two boys and both of them are in school now. My older son is 14 and the younger one is 8. Both of them do a lot of sports but most of all they train swimming and diving. We paid them some classes and they go three times a week. I have noticed that when they come home from training they have blood spots in their eyes. I consulted their pediatrician and he explained that it is a so called subconjunctival eye bleeding which is normal after diving. Still I worry it could damage their eyes permanently. Should I?

Hello! I used to do a lot of diving too when I was younger and had this eye bleedings all the time. The reason they last so long is that they keep on diving again and again every two days and the eyes don’t have time to heal. If you want to put your mind to ease, make your children take a two week brake from the diving trainings and do some other sport. If in two weeks their eyes don’t get better contact their doctor or the ophthalmologist.

Hi! I agree that you probably shouldn’t worry. If they feel no pain related to the bleeding, or have no change in vision, everything is most certainly fine. It is good idea to make them take a brake and make sure that everything is fine, though. In any case subconjunctival eye bleeding is almost never a serious condition, so relax and enjoy their childhood.