Hi, folks. My kid is six months old and as far as I know, this is the age when first eye test is recommended to be done. I would like to know how an eye exam is done in small children. I would really be grateful if someone could share this piece of info with me. Thanks for replying.

Hello to you too. You are right. First eye exam should be done when a kid turns six months. There are several tests that are done within kids that are younger than 3 years of age. Those would be: ocular history, vision assessment, ocular motility assessment, external inspection of eyelids and eye, pupil examination and red reflex examination. You should consult your kid’s ophthalmologist. He must know the details for all these tests. It is your right to be familiar with the procedure. I hope everything will be all right. Good luck!