Hi. I'm 29 year old mother and I would like to find out more about some vision problems experienced by my only son.
You see, my son is now 4 years old and just recently we have noticed that he has some vision problems.
He has first time walked on time but didn’t ménage to find its ways around the house. So, we started to suspect that he has some vision problem. So, we took him to see an ophthalmologist and he told us strange thing- my son didn’t had any diopter on his eyes and no glasses could help him. Doctor told us only that he suspects that he has developed some condition called amblyopia and that he has to do some more testings to be sure. Is this something serious?

I'm very sorry that your son developed this condition and I think you deserved to know the truth. I must tell you that this is very serious disease but it can get better.
Amblyopia is the loss of vision caused when a clear image of the outside world is not available on the retina during some crucial periods of development.
The main this you should know about it is that problem isn’t in his eyes but in vision center in his brain.
Good thing about it is that normal vision is in most cases restored by about age 6 using some eye patches, but I'm sorry to say - some degree of vision loss will probably be permanent.