Hello! I had 0.5 myopia and now I have 1.5. My ophthalmologist prescribed me glasses. I want to know will glasses help prevent myopia from getting worse. Personally, I do not like glasses at all. If glasses will not help me, then I cannot see reason why I should wear it. I hope that you will answer me this.

Hello! First of all, I ca tell you for sure that glasses will help prevent myopia from getting worse. But, if you do not like glasses, then you should talk with your ophthalmologist about other option. Namely, you can wear lenses, too. They are totally invisible and they will do same thing as glasses.

glasses definitely help but u can also use contact lenses which you cannot c. there are some surgeries u can get 2!!

Well,
If I am not mistaking the glasses will definitely help you with myopia problem. This is one of the reasons why doctors first suggest glasses, and if they can’t help than they suggest that you might have surgery to correct your eye problem. How long have you been having this problem? Also I know that contact lenses are much better than glasses when it comes to preventing myopia getting worse. Have you considered using contact lenses instead of glasses? You should discuss this with your doctor to see what options you have. Your vision problem is getting worse so you will need to find a good prevention method.

All the best,
Nelie