Hello folks,
I have a question. I need advice for my friend. She is starting a diet (she is 50 lbs overweight) and she is taking this pills- Adopex. I am not familiar with this pills and I am wondering if they are dangerous for her, since her behavior is strange lately.
Please, I need any information!

Hey,
Firstly, I think you are too worried for your friend… but I understand you since Adopex is not so innocent as she might think. Adopex is habit forming!!! She can become addicted.
Adopex is a sympathomimetic amine and is similar to an amphetamine- it has similar effect on body as ecstasy, speed or cocain (it decreases hunger) and as I said it is habit forming- Adopex is also known as an "anorectic" or "anorexigenic" drug.
Adopex stimulates the central nervous system (nerves and brain), which increases your heart rate and blood pressure and decreases your appetite.
How long is she taking Adopex? She can become physically and psychologically dependent on this medication, after several weeks of continuous use. And than she should talk to her doctor about stopping this medication gradually. If she had any history of drug or alcohol abuse, she shouldn’t take Adopex! For dieting I wouldn’t recommend Adopex!

As I know, you shouldn’t take adipex if have hardening of arteries. The active substance of adipex is phenteramine which works by constricting blood vessels. It is the first warning note on insert package that the drug should not be used in arteriosclerosis. Even the persons with mildly high blood pressure should be careful if want to use adipex. If I were you, I would not take my chances.