I have been taking duromine now for 2 months, 40mg. I have lost quite a bit of weight. I was scared at first because i read everyone's comments....But IT has been all good! My side effects have only been dry mouth and a bit moody & short tempered at night! I get a headache sometimes, but i just drink water and it goes away! and sleeping, i could sleep if i really wanted to, i usually sleep for 6-7 hours.

My opinion is to drink lots of water, I dnt think u should take it at an older age, People who say they are addicted to it, are really more addicted to loosing weight because they stop duromine, put weight back on and then want to go back on duromine, You put weight back on when you stop because u are probly not excersing and eating healthy.
Duromine changes your metabolism so when you stop you have to eat healthy (NO JUNK) for at least 2-4 weeks to regulate your metabolism (5 small meals a day). But everyones different and different types of people will encounter different things. its my opinion not advice...

Other things i have experienced are: forgetfulness, always forgetting things. Repetitiveness, I can do the same thing over and over again and it wont get old, such as cleaning, gambling, cards + games i could do all day. The days seem alot shorter as well. Do not drink alcohol ever while ur on it, caus it reacts with duromine. and yea i think i forgot to write some things caus im forgetful!

I'm glad to hear that it's working out well enough for you! I am sorry you're dealing with the symtpoms but it sounds like you're doing well and you enjoy how it's doing regardless. Let me know how you've been doing. Do you have any other tips or tricks?

I have been on 30mg for the passed two weeks and a few days ago I ended up in hospital with very bad anxiety attack as well as heart palpitations, I thought I was going to die! Please tell me, if I am not over dosing, can this stuff actually kill me. The doctor only gave me an injection to stop the palpitations and some meds for the anxiety attack.

I took Duromine in 2008. I am still dealing the side effects of this drug. I had sever anxiety, panic attacks to the point where I was in and out of hospital at all hours of the night and depression. It is not worth it. People go on Duromine because they want a quick fix and do not want to to the work. How is that going to help you when you are still living the same lifestyle? You need to eat right and exercise. Please don't make the same mistake as I do because anxiety is the worst thing I have ever gone through. The feeling of dying is SO SO real, I wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy.

i am taking duromine and it is working well with little side affects. i dont think you should be trying to turn people off of it because you have had a bad experience with it. not everyone goes on it because they want a quick fix or dont want to do the work!

sean wrote:

Quote:

Duromine is dangerous. Don't mess around with the speed. It is a legal over the counter drug i its SPEED, id**t, and it is addictive you fool. It changes your way of thinking, you have no quality of life. Everyone does through it, you are not a super human. The side effects are long term and you will need medical help to get off them. please if you love your family and children, DO NOT TAKE DUROMINE you will loose your mind. Is loosing weight worth loosing your mind?

Everyone who decides to take Duromine (in discussion with their doctor) should be made aware of the side effects and risks. It is a last resort for a lot of people. When my doctor prescribed it for me, I was at the end of my tether, having tried so many other avenues and my unquenchable appetite was just ruining every attempt. I have only just started taking it, but I've got so many other things to worry about if I DON'T lose the weight (I need to lose 40-50kg) so IMO its worth a few small side effects for me. Please just assess your own case, get as much info from your doc and if in doubt, don't use it.

I took Duromine plus DHEA & IC3 from a weight loss clinic for two months.  It worked and I lost weight.  But at the same time, I got depressed, anxious, sleepless, and decided to go see a reputable psychiatrist.  He said that people prescribing Duromine for moderate weight loss should be struck off the medical register.  He changed my meds, much less and I'm beginning to feel better.  The short answer is that it's quick fix with long problems. Don't go near the stuff.

Help! Have been on duromine for 6 months and lose 22kgs.. I never felt better but today it my 4th day without it and while on the first 2 days off a it I felt fine, just normal then yesterday I felt tired, depressed, nauseous, heat flushes coming and going and worst of all I had lack of balance.. and dizzy..aftr some rest tho I got better but then today I was even worse when I woke up everything from yesterday but doubled..that off balanced it was unsafe to walk. Shaky hands, nauseous again etc. I dont know what to do.

I have been on it for 6 months and todays my 4th day without it.. am dizzy, nauseous, shaky and worst of my balance is way off.. is this normal?

How have you been on this medication for 6 months?! It's only recommended for 3 months because after awhile your body becomes used to it and the Duromine loses its effectiveness. I had the same problem where I would feel shaky and every time I stood up I'd get dizzy, I found it helped to make sure you keep your fluids up by drinking lots of water but make sure your also eating good foods. Another problem might be because your appetite was suppressed for so long you haven't been eating enough? All things considered I'd probably just go see a doctor.

lewl done gone an screwed yourself up did yah? pople whocan't handle it should stay away from most stimulants

I'm also on Duromine 30mg for the past six weeks, i suffered most of the symptoms for the first 4 weeks and lost 5kg, with a controlled diet, but now lately my appetite is not suppressed, my new symptoms are fatigue and anxiety and tiredness. the energy i used to feel in the first four weeks its gone, I'm feeling sleepy all the time. i hope this goes away soon because i have suspended it for this week and starting again on Monday.

I have only taken Duromine for 30 days and while on it i was fine, dry mouth, the odd headache, few hard to sleep nights but other than that good. i lost about 8kg while on it, still have about 20kg to go, i have a 8mth old and a 19mth old, 13 and 12 y/o also. 

I have now been off it for 4 days and i am a mess, i am accusing my husband of having an affair, not wanting to be here with his family, feeling extremely low in regards to myself, moody, feel like people are talking about me??? Has anyone else experienced this, i feel like i am losing my mind. if so please tell me it goes away and really soon?

I have been on Duromine for six weeks. 15mg for the 1st month and now 30mg for 2nd month. I absolutely cannot wait until I'm done with it! I hate it, but it's doing its job so I'm persevering until the end of the course, even though I'm scared of having a heart attack on it. Got 6 weeks to go....Side effects for me on 30mg are awful. I have such bad dizziness it's like I'm drunk and l have fallen over twice. I have headaches and strange pressure in my head (can't describe) and terrible nausea. My chest hurts some days but not all. I also had heart palpitations, very high blood pressure (150/90) and bright red cheeks after drinking 4glasses of alcohol last month and if I have more than one glass of wine it sky rockets again so now I've stopped altogether. Not worth the pain and side effects afterwards....My appetite is not really affected but l have still lost 5 kilos, even though I was only slightly overweight. ( I need to be in the healthy weight range for a tricky operation and l now have only 1 kilo to go - was the same weight for three years after my 5th child so decided to try something drastic!) I'm not sure why I'm losing weight so quickly as I've had to stop exercising because of the nausea and I'm also definitely still eating, Maybe just slightly less, although I don't think about food as much. Probably because I'm manic now for large part of the day LOL. When l first started on the 15mg I woke up at 4am for the first three days and couldn't get back to sleep. After that sleeping was normal. I also had terrible aggression for a day or two and the occasional day of depression. No anxiety. After 2 weeks on the 15mg with side effects and suppressed appetite (I actually lost most of my weight in the first week) there was no difference so doctor upped the dose. There's no way I'm going to 40mg next month....no way.....I think I would drop dead from it. This may be a coincidence, but I also developed a 4cm cyst on my ovary last month for the first time - that burst (thought I was going to die from the pain!) and now my period has stopped for the first time since being pregnant!!!!!! Overall I think the key is use it as a last resort, no alcohol, lots of water, don't skip meals and tell someone close in case you become really ill....I also see my doctor regularly....this is important to check your blood pressure! Would l take this drug again? Nope. No way.