I have been on 30 mg of duromine for the last week and am not losing any wight.
Was told that I would not be able to eat on them but a am eating normal.
The only diferance i feel is not being able to sleep.
Any help would be good

Duromine is a stimulant that is similar to an amphetamine. One of the effects of this type of drugs is suppressing appetite which, of course, makes you lose weight. Insomnia and troubles with falling asleep really are something you would expect a stimulant drug to cause. And anyway, depending on how much excessive weight you want to lose its hard to expect significant changes after just one week – you didn’t gain this weight in a week, that’s why you can’t expect to lose it in such short time. Stick with the Duromine as it was prescribed for as long as it was prescribed unless you can’t stand having troubles sleeping or unless some other side effect appears and there should be some results.

hi, i have been on duromine 30mg for about 20 days, the first week i had no appetite nd was wide awake and lost 4.5kg the second week i began to get tired and have actually gained 1.5kg!!! i think you really need to consult your dr, as will i. did you get an outcome? my appetite has increased and i find if i dont eat i get theat yukki empty feeling in my tummy

I want to recommend a natural appetite suppresant here... one with no side effects because it is a food.  I lost weight using R&D Diet Cookies.  It's one of those cookie diets and it's amazing how well they take away hunger and cravings!

Hi, i've been on 40mg Duromine for 6 days now. I'm 81kg, 180cm, 19yr old female.
My appetite is slowling coming back, im still heaps thirsty though, my sleeping pattern has gone back to normal now.I take the pill about 6am in the morning. I still feel like i'm "coming down" in the afternoon and get aggrevated really easily but it soon fades.
I havent really changed my eating habits i still have a small bowl of ceral in the morning then eat around 1pm a sandwhich or dimsim or some sort of small hot food from the university cafe and usually don't eat dinner or if i do its tiny. What should i be eating on duromine ?
Since i'm on the highest dosage how come i haven't seen any results yet ?
I talk to other people that notice change straight away. I don't do much excerise but im still walking around a far bit.
Can my body become ammune to Duromine this easily ? I only taken a form of illcit drugs twice in my whole life so i don't know what it could be.

Hi i have been reading all the comments on here and thought i would put up my experience on Duromine. I am on the 40mg dose and have been taking it for 17 days. My 1st day on it yes i did feel "jittery" but could deal with it. Well its day 17 now i am no longer feeling like i have extra energy like i did day 1,i'm sleeping normally and am still feeling hungry as much as i did before i started taking it. I have changed my diet to a piece of fruit for breakfast,a small yoghurt a piece of fruit or salad for lunch and a small main meal, i have been exercising everyday walking up to 4 kms a day in the mornings (which is a hell of a lot more then i have done for the past 20 years) but i have found that i have not lost even an ounce of weight and am questioning wether this is working for me or not. Everyone i know that has been on Duromine have told me they lost alot of weight pretty much from day 1 so i am left wondering why i am not losing anything?

Hi there all my friends trying out duramine .This is my second week on the 30mg . Week 1 - Took the tab around 7am , had half a slice of bread and an apple for breakfast. Drank alot of water (around a litre ) which is alot for me , around lunchtime felt some hunger pangs but when it came around to eating I couldnt eat much and the same went for every meal after that. I dont skip meals but they are much smaller and I still have at least two fruit a day.  I also couldnt sleep well ,but half a glass of warm low fat milk solved that problem easily. I did get a few mild headaches but nothing I could'nt handle. I did manage to lose 1.5kg yippee!

Too soon to talk about week 2. only halfway through it.  Im quite happy with a steady weight loss. Hope this helps.

I started on the 30mgs over two and half weeks ago. I need to lose 20 kgs. First 2 days I didnt sleep, but then sleeping went back to normal. Not just as tired as usual though which I liked. Lost 3kgs the first week and was so excited, was on track losing 2 the next weeks and now I have gained 1 kg and am so constipated its not funny. Having to take laxitives and am hoping once thats fixed that the weight starts to come.

Hi there
I'm the same been on duromine 30mg for the last 2 weeks never lost a gram.
Very disappointed.

Hey guys, my initial weight was 89kg, I'm 1.64m tall, a size 6 shoe and my goal weiht is 55kg. I'm in my third week of taking duromine, 15mg.  I didn't want to go on a higher dose as even filter coffee or energy drinks like Red Bull make me feel horribly jittery. I did feel a bit 'high' in the beginning of my first week but it dissipated. In my second week I struggled with constipation a little but a very light laxitive sorted it out and my digestion has gone back to normal.

Happymummy4, Im not losing well either. I seriously want to cry! In my first week I lost only 1kg after Duromine was reported to make you lose a lot of weight per week, especially in your first week. Most reports said that you'd lose between 3 and 5kg per week. I have only lost 1kg and I'm in my THIRD WEEK!!! I'm seriously disappointed!!!

I have half a cup (YES, HALF A CUP) of cereal with fat free milk and sweetner for breakfast around 8/9AM after drinking the duromine around 6AM, salad for lunch and usually a chicken salad or protein and veg for dinner as luckily I enjoy vegetables. Now and then I'll have fruit inbetween meals. Some days are harder than others when it comes to appetite (damn you Duromine) but i am still standing strong, I am only in week 3 after all.. Eating like this is REALLY good for someone like me as I would easily have had a creamy pasta for breakfast in the past if nobody was looking, crisps and sweets around brunch time and a burger for lunch followed by pizza for dinner. And no, I'm not kidding! Even though I had been on successful diets in the past I had never been able to keep the weight off. The most I lost on one specific diet was 8kg a couple of years ago. I thought that by now I would have at least lost a good 5kg - WTF IS GOIN ON?!?!?

The worst part of it all is that, if I had merely gone on a diet and eaten the healthy food I mentioned above I probably would've lost more weight by now if I wasn't on Duromine.

I'll let you guys know if my dire situation improves but right now I feel like screaming with frustration!!!

Desperate, from Cape Town, South Africa

Hi, I have been on Duromine 15mg for 3 months now and have lost 10.5kg. I was happy with that and had no problems taking them only that there were days i did not feel full. I exercised an hour a day and ate ok (even going out to dinner a few times) which this time i kept to a limit. I hear stories how people loose massive amounts in a short time though i was happy with what i lost and have been put on them again for another 3 months and then see how i will go. Everyone is different some  loose heaps and some loose a  little. I don't want to stay on them for a long time , this was only a kick start for me as i hit a wall with my weightloss. Prior to taking Duromine i lost 20kg on my own gained again and then was put on these tablets. I feel happy with the low dose and will keep going with them until i will be taken off them .

Hi, i am on Duromine myself this is my fifth week, i noticed i lost a lot in the first week I lost like 4 kilos and then its just fluciating between 95-95.5 etc and then back to 95 I am excersising everyday eating the right foods I have even joined the biggest loser at work but these tablets are 100 bucks a month so if there not working after a month i'm thinking its about time to look in to something else.

Hey guys, so happy to report much better news than in my previous post. I weighed this morning (week 6) and I have klost 6.5kg!!! I am over the moon!!! Turns out, duromine took some time to kick in for me but once it did it worked wonders for me!!! There was one day where I didn't drink it and I realised just how much it meant to me. Thank you Duromine, tyou have redeemed yourself.

Previously Desperate, now Overjoyed, from Cape Town, South Africa

how is it going now?
im 25 years old 90kg 170cm tall and want to loose 15 kg, started duromine today, i feel normal..... but im worried if it will work for me..

hello people, where in South Africa can I get them? Do i need a prescription? Thank you.xxx