About once a week I cough and a clump comes out of my throat and its about this size -> O and they smell really bad! I don't know if it's just food that got caught in my throat or some kind of bacteria can you tell me what this is and can I treat it?

yea everyone get those its weird isnt it

These clumps are called tonsil stones. Bacteria from sinus drainage and under your tongue get caught in your tonsils and form tonsil stones.

I get them more now than ever? I'm stuffy every morning and I cough up a smelly flem. I'm going to ask my internist for antibotics, I get really light headed from coughing this up and my heart races after blowing my nose or coughing. It's a very strange feeling.

Gargle your throat thoroughly and often.

Are you using any type of inhalers for asthma? If you are that is the cause. You must gargle thoroughly after using inhalers.

My old roommate and I call 'em "Lung Brains"... we had an ongoing competition to see who could cough up the biggest one. I was ahead for quite a while with a pea sized one, until he hocked up a peanut size one. As far as lung brains go, that's a whopper.

And here I thought that my "Stinky White Poo-Balls" was a goofy name for them. Mine are usually the size and consistency of cottage cheese curds. And yes, I smashed one and smelled it when I started getting them in my late teens, hence the stupid name for them. Gargling helps, as does tongue-scraping and sinus drops, but they never stay away for very long....

Those are caused by the lack of oxygen to you nose..so if you smoke or drink a lot those will appear as waist that stores in your throat or nose. Two ways to get rid of it, quitting bad habits, or rinsing your nose with sea salt water.

I was recently diagnosed with "Cryptic Tonsils" looking back I have always coughed up yellow/gray clumps. I don't ever remember having tonsilitis, sore throats or any reson to think I had trouble with my tonsils. Recently I began having to sleeping with a C-Pap machine, and have started choking alot and having trouble breathing when I sleep on my side.

Does anybody know what they are, how to get rid of them? Please help I always feel like I have something caught in my throat.

I used to get these all the time then I had my tonsils removed and never had those little white pea size things again. They happen because food gets stuck in some peoples tonsils and just sits in there and decys until the body ejects it out of the tonsils. Thankfully it has been cured, it felt so disgusting but having my tonsils out hurt like freakin hell! I'd say it was worth it now though.

if you are having a hard time getting onr out just gargle with straight peroxide and the foam that forms sometimes dislodges it, the only way to permantly get rid of them is to get your tonsils removed.

use oral irrigator  (also called a "dental water jet" or "water pick") and avoid eat bread  after that if you stay suffering go and pull up your tonsil 

MAHMOOD FROM IRAQ 

I don't know what they are either but I like to smell them over and over again

very nasty OMG