I am having a upper endoscopy next Wednesday and during the consultation with my doctor, I told her how having my throat numb makes me very anxious and claustrophobic. She said she doesn't do the spray as in just a very small amount of patients, some had problems with their breathing after the procedure.. Does this sound normal?

I had the upper endoscopy done with the throat spray. I too get anxious but I relaxed myself and before I knew it I was back home sleeping. Didn't remember anything due to the injection I got(Don't remember what it is called).

My doctor also says he doesn't spray because it makes a person feel more like they are choking. He said he will put me totally out. I sure hope so! I have sensitive choking reflexes. I am not looking forward to this endoscopy. But this lump in my throat has been around for too long. I wish you all the blessings and may the find nothing and may your problem go away...