I have had cholecystectomy surgery almost 4 weeks ago. I have a knot under where the cut is. It goes up and down, when it is up it is worst and painful. Also I have pain in my back. I also have been having chills with no fever. I like to know if these things are normal after this type of surgery.

i am having some pain in my back and i want to know it that is way cause i had the surgery back in march and all of the sudden i am getting funny feelings in my back feels like gas but i dont know

I also recently had my gall bladder removed. I had to stay in the hospital because the pain was increasing so I had to have an ERCP procedure. Fortunately, the pain went away after the second surgery and I am patiently waiting to heal. I learned a lot during my 10 day stay in the hospital and missed work for the whole month!

The pain in your back might be the accumulation of carbon dioxide in your body. Was your surgery laproscopic? When the surgery is done they need to inflate CO2 into your body during the surgery. What you need to do is breath deeply so that you can flush the CO2 out of your body. They gave me a breathing apparatus and told me to breath deep, inhaling 10 deep breaths. I did this every hour or whenever I felt the pain in my back or going up by my shoulder blade. You don't really need the breathing apparatus, you can just inhale deeply 10 times but take your time.

I hope this helps.