I had my gallbladder removed at the end of January and was doing quite well after recovery. It is now 6 mpnths hence and I am beginning to feel the exact same pains again. Watching what I eat helps sometimes and other times not at all. I have gnawing/stinging pain in my right side in the middle and it is often accompanied by heartburn. I can pinpoint the pain and it almost makes it uncomfortable to sit, it is also accompanied by constipation/diarrhea, bloating and gas. The issue is that the side pain does not seem to ever subside. it gets better at the beginning of the day and is usually worse by dinnertime. I did notice that it got the very worst at the beginning of my period. What is baffling is that I felt fine last week and then this came on about Sunday and this has happened 3 or 4 times since my surgery. Have an appointment but they can't get me in for a month. Anyone have similar problems?

I had my gallbladder out 2years ago and to this day still have much burning going on in my back just under my right shoulder blade where I always had it before the bladder was removed. Still the dumping symdrome also. Not sure any of this will ever get better. Makes me feel like I never had it removed.

i TOO SUFFER FROM THE WORSE PAIN IVE EVER HAD-WORSE THAN CHILDBIRTH AFTER MY LAP-CHOLY. mY GASTROENTEROLOGIST DID AN ercp AND FOUND MY PANCREATIC DUCT full OF "GALL" STONES & a TON of SLUDGE THAT WUD NORMALLY ACCUMULATE IN GALLBLADDER, BUT SINCE ITS BEEN REMOVED. WHERE DO THE STONES GO? WELL, THEY FIND THEMSELVES A COMFY LITTLE HOME IN PANCREATIC DUCTS THAT ABSOLUTELY CAUSE THE WORST PAIN, SEVERE NAUSEA, VOMITING, EXCESSIVE FAT IN MY STOOL AS WELL AS EXCESSIVE VOMITING OF PURE THICK BILE. tHERE IS A PROCEDURE POSSIBLE WHERE THE DOCTOR PUTS LIKE A "STENT" IN THE ACTUAL DUCT TO HOLD IT OPEN TO KEEP THE STONES FROM "GETTING STUCK" BUT THIS IS EXTREMEMLY RISKY BECAUSE IT CAN CAUSE SEVERE PANCREATITIS THAT MAKES YOU SICKER THAN JUST THE STONES ALONE-IF POSSIBLE. yOU CAN TAKE DIGESTIVE ENZYMES WITH EACH MEAL-3-4 PILLS WITH EACH MEAL AND 2-3 WITH EACH SNACK BuT NO GUARENTEE. i'VE NOT FOUND THE ENZYMES HELPFUL. sEEMS TO ME THE BEST SOLUTION IS TO "GRIN &BEAR IT" TIL U GET SO SICK YOU END UP WITH FULL BLOWN PANCREATITIS WHICH IS CRITICAL AND THEN HAVE ercp--endoscopicretrograde cannulation of the pancreatic duct. its done by using endoscopic insrtument thru your mouth, into stomach to the pancreatic ducts to "suck" out the stones& sludge. Gives temporary relief. I generally need to have it done every 2-4 yrs. My doctor at first thought I had pancreatic divism causing there no place for the pancreatic enzymes to go because the pancreatic ducts when formed inutero about 7-8 weeks gestation were not completely formed thus-causing the pancreatic ducts to be MUCH shorter and smaller than normal, thus NOT alowing the pancreatic enzymes and "juices" if you will to travel where they need to go to aid in digestions. Which causes a whole HOST of various gastrointestinal issues because without adequate pancreatic enzymes it causes a wealth of complications.. Rarely you could have a psydocyst in pancrease which CAN be a precursor to pancreatic cancer. But, if your stool "floats" has an extremely foul odor and visible fat this cud be the problem--COULD BE--its EXTREMELY HARD to diagnos--takes years. The pain is extremely severe in right upper quadrant, radiates to back and esp to right shoulder and right chest area. It can cause sweats and hot flashes. Your sweat can have a strange odor as well. In order to find the problem the doctors will do EVERY test imaginable--and i mean EVERY test--they seem to feel its easier to do ALL tests first rather than go straight to ERCP--or even easier, they can now do an MRCP---MAGNETIC_RESONANCE IMAGING OF THE cannulation of pancreatic duct.MRI. During the MRCP it will---or CAN show up stones in ducts if there are any. BUT, its not 100%. I had 3 done before my GI doctor decided to do go ahead with the ERCP. After my first ERCP, I was a new person for approximately 14 months and the stones formed again. Its common if you have high cholesterol and high triglycerides because most stones are made of that. During a severe "attack" it feels like the area of pain is "bubbling" which is a rather strange feeling but once you feel it you WILL know you have stones stuck in duct thus preventing all the tests to see wat it is-you go straight to the ERCP which you do have to spend the night in hospital cause your pancrease is like a hornets nest. Once you get one "bee" upset the whole beehive becomes angry causing acute pancreatitis meaning you'll be in hospital for about a week treating acute pancreatitis. Its not fun, but there is an answer, its treatable, but its a chronic condition you will be dealing with for the rest of your life so get used to it. I also have Systemic Lupus-an autoimmune desease which can make it worse. I do have alternating diarrhea and constipation, but more constipation. Havent noticed excessive flatulance. And, YES, the severe pain NEVER subsides and seemsw to just get worse and worse. Nothing gives you relief. I received 40--yes forty mg of IV morphine over 40 minutes with absolutely not relief. Like I said, its the worse pain Ive EVER had including childbirth and I've had six children naturally with no epidural or pain meds at all. I broke boith my legs and required no pain meds AT ALL. The pain associated with this issue is absolutely just plain----UNBEARABLE__PERIOD. Hope this has helped someone

Have u figured it out I am haveing the same problems and I am so worried that there is something wrong with my ovaries I need some reassurance that everything is fine and it happends to the best of us I am going for testing soon but I need to kno now I'm in so much pain all the time