I had my gallbladder removed laparoscopically three weeks ago via emergency surgery. I stayed in the hospital another week to have an ERCP (stone extraction & bile duct stent placed) and went home the following day. I’ve generally felt really good since the stent was placed but I’ve had trouble sleeping. I had a JP drain in the hospital so it isn’t comfortable to sleep on my right side while that incision is closing, but it hurts very bad to lay on my left side even though there are no incisions there. My back is not my best sleeping position. Is this normal? Any recommendations to get comfortable at night?

I had mmy gall ladder removed laporoscopy one week ago , I also cannot lie on my left side as it gives me severe pain on my right side where gallblader was removed cant sleep lying on.my back., any suggestions ?

Hi Liz. I actually posted the original post because I'm having the same issue 3 weeks post op. One week after surgery I definitely couldn't sleep on my side yet, so I suggest giving it time. I slept propped up for the first week, almost like sleeping in a recliner. The second week I slept on my back and now I can lay on my left side for a short period of time if I prop a pillow under it. Once again, I'm having the same issue so I probably don't have the best advice but definitely give your body time to heal and adjust your sleeping positions in the mean time.