Back pain after Gallbladder surgery: After reading almost all of the postings on this matter, it seems that a large majority of people later find they have some additional stones discovered in the bile duct area along with some bile. My general question to all is this; Did the doctor inform you of this possibility and/or is there a way to determine these issues during the surgery? Did any of the doctors actually look for this?

My wife is now a little over 2 weeks out form the surgery and is complaining of the exact same pain as is listed here.

Hi there, it sounds exactly like it would be a stone issue like other people have discussed. Have you spoken to her surgeon or doctor yet? I think that would be good to mention to him or her. Let me know, okay?

Did anyone ever tell you anything about Sphinchter of Oddi Disorder? The test for it is an ERCP with manometers. The Mayo Clinic Website has a lot of info about it. The disease is most commmon young females after gallbladder surgery. I in fact did have it and had it operated on. But that is not the source of my pain obviously. That could be something to look into. And don't let a dr. Tell you that you DO NOT have it because your liver enzymes have to be elevated. they can be normal so check out the mayo clinic website it will give you lots of info. I hope it fixes you because I feel for you, I have had all kinds of surgeries and they still cannot figure it out. It's been 4/12 yea rs of pain 24/7!!! And not having answers is so frustrating.