I'm having difficulity urinating after gallbladder surgery. Feels like I have to go but when I sit down to go nothing. I've got to have a very full bladder and then I will go. It's a small steady stream at that point. So I knw nothing is blocked. Is this common?

I just had surgery 16th august and i have exactly the same symptoms,
But worse i had another attack yesterday (the worst ever) so im about to get scans to see if something has been left behind!! My phrenic nerve has been badly affected also i think,
I believe this nerve is the one that causes the reffered pain associated with gallbladder disease aslo the scapula and also some cervical nerve too.
Personally before i was like this i needed to go urgently and find this to be ok now.
I would mention it to Doc and see what he/she knows.
I will and post.
Cheers Carina

hi mate I am also having same problem after my gall bladder had taken out yesterday. I can not wee properly i have to strain to get the urine out of the bladder. never had this problem. Told my surgeon he said its nothing to do with this kind of surgery..I am just worried is this will resolve or will stay permanently.

Yes it is common Ihad iI they put caffitur in then b ok

I'm sorry, what's a caffiter? Did you mean catheter?

I feel strain to and Iam post op 5 days. I actually had before surgery and I still have extreme pain in my back that doctors say is "referred" pain but I was think could be kidney due to inability to fully evacuate my bladder. Does anyone else experience this back pain? It actually feels better when I have some one counterpressure or like lean in to my back.

urinating flow has improved, but I have sharp pain at times when urinating. Never had it prior to GB being removed beginning of July this year.

why an i pooping after i eat

Hi, I too had gallbladder removal on 15th August 2017. Never had urine problems and could not wee at all after surgery. I had really bad urine retention and consequently urine infection and had to go to casualty 3 times. They drained the urine but eventually fitted a catheter for a week...and I ended up in hospital with severe pain for 10 days! Anyway Now I Am 3 Weeks PosT Op And Have Slowly Gained Bladder Control By Doing pelvic floor exercises and 3 different antibiotics. I think they shove your bladder about or something with their long instruments or something and the Dr always says it's nothing to do with gall bladder surgery. Either that or the anesthetic numbs your nerves for a couple of weeks...who knows...I am much better now so it does get better.

I’ve had problems too. Feels like I have to pee all the time, but uncomfortable. I pee, and it’s low flow but I pee a lot, and it’s clear so I’m hydrated. Wondering how long this lasts

Take b12 5000iugit might be able to help you