Hi, my sister's son is 16 years old and he starts come home drunk in last few months. My sister is really desperate because she is divorced, working as nurse and very often works in the night shift. She is not in the position to control him and he is using her absence from home to drink. I would like to know if it is just a phase in his life.

Hi, alcohol abuse is very spread among teenagers and sometimes it is their way to show they are mature. My son also had similar problem but fortunately it was just an episode. However, your sister would find the way to talk with about problems he has. If open friendly talk doesn't bring solution it would be good to consult psychologist.

im 15 myself. She should try talking to him, tell him she understands that hes young and wants to do that stuff. But to be open about i with her. And wat can appen from alcohal. It should stop

He is 16 years old and is just experimenting. As long as he isn't driving himself home or coming home so plastered that he's puking everywhere and ins't at a point where he could act sober then you're okay. Sit down and talk to him about but in a friendly manor. I'm sure it's just a phase.