Hi, my 17 years old son has back pain. Isn’t it very strange to see back pain in teenagers? Is it because he is not wearing warm enough cloths?

Hi, we all believe that children and teenagers have young and flexible bones and joints, so they can’t have any pain. But, if they undergo back injuries, or sweat or get cold, they can have back pain easily. Very common even rheuma is seen in young people. If your child is complaining about back problems the pediatrician, should take it seriously and perform some screening and tests. and usually will result in a detailed consultation that will include a review of the child’s medical history and a physical exam. Usually, an x-ray or MRI scan is done. And it is advisable to visit specialist for further examination and diagnostic tests.

the above person is right, im 17 and i have severe degernerative disc disease and stenosis. i had xrays and mri's to determine it. i thought i was just sick for the longest time, cause im prone to kidney and bladder infections. but anyways, if he is complaining about pain, take him to the doc and get him checked out, it could be nothing, but if there is somethin, then its best to get him treated so he doesnt have to suffer. I really hope nothing is wrong with him...it could just be stress and tension on the muscles...

hope all is well

God bless!

i actually think its common for teenagers to have back pain, i myself am 16 years old with alot of back and neck pain, and i hear alot of my friends complaining about back pain as well...i went to the doctor and she said that it's probally because of school things such as looking down at books alot, heavy bookbag, not sitting properly or just bad posture...she recomended me to try physical therapy which is supposed to help the pain, she said they give messages n tell u to do other excersises that relax the muscles and stuff. so im going to try it out soon, ill tell u if it works. I also went to a chiropractor for about 30 days but i dont think it did much help really, i still get alot of pain in my neck and back and i heard it was supposed to help my migranes but it didnt. so i wouldnt recomend a chriopractor unless your doctor does. good luck with sorting out his problem