Hi. I got divorced 6 months ago. I have 10 years old son. So far, he seems to be fine. He is more quite than usual. We had a long talk when I was leaving my husband and I think he understood my reasons for divorce. However, he is still a child and I wonder if this divorce had any effects on my son.

Hi. I had my divorce 2 years ago and my daughter still suffers the consequences. We used to be friends, but now we don`t talk at all. She is depressed and quite, she can sit in her room for hours, doing nothing. She misses her daddy. I have a boyfriend and she hates him. I am not sure what to do. I am still trying to talk with her about everything. I think conversation is the best way to reach your child.

I'm sorry about your divorse but I'm glad to hear you have moved on dispite your child hating your new partner. divorse is always hard for children to understand and they ofen feel that daddy is being punished for doing nothing wrong. talking to your child is always the best option even if they don't want to listen they will learn in time that sometime people just can't be together anymore. just make sure your child knows you love her/him and try to build a relationship bettween then and your new partner by doing fun things together and egt him to help with her things like fixing a bike or doing homework. it is a natural instinct to accept someone who is useful to you. my daughter loves my mew partner but she hated him for a while too.