Hello, I would like to hear some advice on how to deal with drinking problems. How do I repair the damage from alcohol abuse? I have damaged pancreas, and maybe even developed pancreatitis. I am pretty much sure that there could be no 100% success in this, but I’d like to give it a try (any improvement of my condition would be extremely beneficial to my family-life!).

The worst thing is not that it wouldn’t be 100% success – but that the damage to pancreas is irreversible – pancreas is not rejuvenating itself! So, the first and the most important thing you could do is stop drinking immediately. If you have problems stopping your drinking habits, you could try with Antabuse (disulfiram), it increases days of abstinence. Special nutrition – rich with vitamins - is also a must. However, visit your doctor, or better still – go to the specialist. Anyway, the real help comes from people around you, and from their and your willpower. You need all emotional support you can get, and also consider seeing therapist, or attending Alcoholics Anonymous meetings.

Milk thistle seeds (usually taken as an extract) are the only substance known to reverse liver damage. I don't know if they'd help your pancreas too, but they couldn't hurt. There probably are other herbs that could help you. Burdock root is good for cleaning your whole system. Eating a really good diet (lots of fresh veggies, whole grain foods - avoid sugar and a lot of meat).