Hello!! I have a 2 yr old and I am still currently breastfeeding her. But I want to loose weight. I am current doing the curves thing for about 1 mon now and nothing, I cut back on eating, I mainly drink water now. But still nothing. I thought by breastfeeding it should be easier to loose the weight but not for me this is my 1st kid too. I dropped like 30 pds after I had her, but then i got on the depo shot and gained it right back, plus some. Ohh yeah My daughter weighed 9 pds 3 oz when she was born, so I had a big baby! I just want to know what are some methods of weight lose that I can try? Is there any pill or drink that is safe to take well breastfeeding a 2 yr old?? Please help!! Thank you in advance!!!

Health Advisor
First of all, I just want to tell you that breastfeeding 2 year old child is not that smart thing to do though. I know you think that the milk you produce is the best and the healthiest food for your child but you have to understand that it is not anymore. It is the best food for your baby in the first months of her life, but not this long. After some time the milk you produce is not of high quality and lactating isn’t that necessary anymore.. have someone told you that?
As the matter of losing weight, you have to consult your nutritionist about how to achieve some results as I just know nothing about dieting and lactating, I wouldn’t want to suggest something which might be wrong as I know you shouldn’t be dieting when lactating, but since your child is pretty much grown up I think you could start dieting and doing some exercises at the same time. You just find a proper diet and a good and healthy exercise program and I think you will manage to lose some of your weight.