What do you think is better, weight loss or muscle gain? I was thinking about this the other night, and I couldn¡¦t think of right pros and cons.

As for me, the best thing would be weight loss, and then muscle gainļ!!!! That would be a perfect score!!!

muscle mass increases your metabolism, so it would be best to increase muscle mass and then loose fat

I was watching "The Biggest Loser" a couple nights ago and the lady trainer said that muscle mass gain during a diet is great!!
Like Guest mentioned, she said the new muscle increases your metabolism.
I figure you're getting an extra bonus from it by starting to build the body you want to end up with even before you've lost all the weight you want to!
I'm 6 foot and weigh 305 right now, weighed 365 4 years or so ago. So far, I haven't been able to brake the 300 pound barrier because I quit my weight lifting work out. If you have a daily regimen of any exercise set up and stay with it you'll have amazing success with your weight loss/fitness program.
I think for most people, and definitely for me, a weight lifting program is the easiest to stick to and see a steady progress in!
You can have your weight bench/machine in your home so you don't have to go any where, that is so convenient.
Whew, I sure can rattle on!!!! :-)
Take care folks and keep on fighting!!!
Michael

i was talking to my boyfriend about this the other day because he is crazy into body building and i didnt understand why he was trying to gainweight...and he explained the whole process to me... anyway, weight gain is better to build up ur muscles first and then cut fat later so that u can work on ur abs and maintain the muscles you've already built up.

ok i am 18 and i weigh 125 when i was 13 i used to weigh 149 everybody said ' thets natural dont worry" but i tried doing bouth. ill explain myself better. if you do big exercices youll loose weight and gain muscle at th same time.

gaining muscles was the best way for me when i was a teenager... it helps having a dynamic spirit, and feeling strong