Ok so sometime ago I was diagnosed with a UTIand got medication for it. The problem still persists and im tired of it. I dont have money for a doctors appointment nore insurance but this stinging is driving me crazy i need it gone. I would think it would be cheaper to get the antibiotics from an online store but I dont know how safe it is. Can anyone help?

I have a hard time with buying any antibiotic thru the internet, tho i suppose some are legit, i wouldn't, but that's just me. A UTI or Urinary Tract Infection is an infection caused by bacteria in the urinary tract. If medication took care of it the first time and it came back, maybe you didn't finish the script all together. Even tho your symptoms go away and you feel fine, you must finish all of the meds perscribed by your doctor. You can not get rid of them without an antibiotic. If you let it go you could end up in a lot of pain and or trouble. Bleeding, stomach pain, high temp and a general feeling of unwell could pose a problem for you.
Go to the ER and get this taken care of, they will bill you. You will need some kind of sulpha drug to fix the infection.

I did finish it and it was still there it went untreated for awhile and still is now. theres hell in no way im going back to an ER again. I owe them $7000 im not getting charged more

you need to go to your family doctor (they are a LITTLE less expensive than ER visits) or even better find a local "free clinic" and DEMAND a urin CULTURE AND SENSITIVITY. this test will not only identify what type of bacteria is causing your infection but will test different antibiotics and find out which type works the best for that specific bacteria and how much (dosage) is needed. this will help avoid another mis-perscription and also save you time and money. if left untreated (like bbfeet said) it will cause a worse and possibly deadly infection.

as much as I really want to I cant afford this neither can my family. I need insurance which the only way I can really get is getting a job. The only problem is that no ones hiring and even if they are they want someone with expierance which I lack. So im really stuck. I also had a hard time finding a free clinic in my area which is weird cause its vegas you should beable to find almost everything here

Have you tried Social Services? You may be eligible for medicaid. There is nothing else we can tell you regarding your UTI. It has to be treated with an antibiotic or you will get terribly sick. I am surprised that there are no jobs available, especially in Vegas. I was just there in September and struck up conversations with several people that i met, we talked about the economy and the job market. One of the folks i met was a cocktail waitress at Mandalay Bay and she said that they were looking for help, even in housekeeping. Vegas just unveiled a brand new resort/casino this past November. Have you gone right into the heart of vegas to find employment?

i agree with bbfeet. you have to get it treated someway or another. you can try drinking cranberry juice but that i believe is suppose to help prevent UTI not treat them. take vitamin c tablets 1 tablet 2X daily. it is a water souluable vitamin so your body will just remove what you dont need in your urin. vitamin C boosts your immune system. you can also look online and try and find some homeopathic (herbal remidies) which may help but its not garunteed. so you really do need to find someway to get help.

Sorry for bumping and old topic but I believe this belongs here. It is me again and many things have happened. Anyways found out it wasnt a UTI. I kept going to the doctors and got check with ultra sounds and MRI's of my kidneys and urinary system but no one ever found anything and all they found in my urine samples were blood in urine(unseeable to naked eye and keytonesor proteins). The doctor said this is what caused the burning but not all my uti symptoms like retaining urine or why it was easy to urinate after ejaculation or why im feeling all this with no UTI. After several doctor visits and given anti-biotics that I did not take cause I felt I didnt need it because of no infection at the advice of a nurse I went to UMC emergency room and got checked out. They again found nothing but refereed me to a urologist which I felt would be the best at figuring out what was wrong. So I go to the urologist and had the consultation. He decided to do a Cystoscopy. So the next time I go they got me prepared. There was mentions of how it was unusual for a person of my age doing this so they decided to use a local anesthetic. They did the procedure which hurt like hell besides the fact of the slight numbing and they filled my bladder with fluid. Ignoring the pain I looked at the monitor. What i saw inside is a bit unexplainable. Like all these cords of flesh running all over the place sorta web like but not really. After they made me pee and ultra sounded me again to see how much I was retaining which was a lot. So we see the doctor again and he says that I have a "Trabeculation of the bladder". He says for a person so young I have a bladder or a 70 year old. This of course worried the hell out of me. He has no idea why I have this. He either says it might be genetic or neural. SO he wants to MRI my lumbar to see if my spinal cord is short of if any other abnormalities are present. So he prescribed flomax so the the muscles around the urethra relax and allow my weakened bladder to push the urine and set up a date for the MRI. So I got a generic version of Flomax. It is called Tamsulosin. It is working very well. I was able to uruinate 1 day after I started taking it. It was sooo easy for the first time in 2 years. A full stream almost painless besides the pain caused by the Cystoscopy. There is still a little burning to this day but I have a few problems. I am constantly urinating but this might be cause of my water intake and the other problem is that normal tasks I usually do are very exhausting to me and I need to rest more. SoI wanna know what a Normal bladder and a Trabeculation bladder looks like if possible as well as what could have caused it and if possible is this normal for my medication and if so how long will it take for my body to adjust to it. Thank you everyone for the help.