Hi, in the last couple of months I have noticed that my son has changed drastically. Actually, his principal brought to my attention that he has troubles at school. I am a single mom and have to work long hours to provide for my son. The principal suggested that I take him to a professional therapist who will determine the cause of the problem. The psychiatrist said that my son suffers from a type of antisocial disorders and that he needs serious treatment. I would like to know how many kinds of antisocial disorders are there. Can you also tell me if my son can be cured?

Hello, there is only one type of this condition. It is called antisocial personal disorder and is mostly expressed in teenage boys. I am sure that because you were concerned for your son's well being, you misunderstood the therapist. The antisocial personality disorder is a serious mental condition. You will have to be very strong so you would be able to help your son. People with this disorder usually do not admit that they have a problem and refuse therapy. So the only way that your son will get treated is if you explain to him this condition and the importance of treatment. Unfortunately, all mental conditions are not curable, but with the right therapy the antisocial personality disorder can be kept under control.