Accoring to the RW training pace calculator I should be doing my recovery runs @ an 8:15 pace.

According to the McMillan calculator I should be doing recovery/easy runs @ an 7:57-8:27 pace.

Lately my recovery/easy runs have been significantly faster than this. Usually around a 7:45 pace. My breathing isn't labored and I can sing the Brady Bunch theme song at this pace.

Even though I think I meet the criteria for what 'feels' like an easy pace, am I doing myself wrong by not slowing down even further to a pace that the calculators recommend?

You can see more recommended paces yourself by punching in a 5K race in 00:20:00.

If that's slower than your regular training runs, and you don't find yourself stressing out your body at that pace, I'd say you're all right.

What's your race pace? Generally speaking recovery runs should be done at 60-90 seconds slower.

5K race pace is around 6:25-6:30. So a 7:45 pace is 1:15 slower.

PH my race pace is around 6:20 give or take a few and the few recovery runs I do are usually paced 7:30 to 7:45. Anything slower than that drives me nuts unless I'm on a long slow run. I don't feel stressed at all at that pace. If you don't feel stressed I'd say you're doing fine.

PH,

Don't worry about it...personally i find the recovery pace on most calculators to be to slow.

That being said, a sure-fire way to tell whether you are running to fast or hard on a recovery day is by how your work-out(s) go the day after your recovery day. If you are having problems completing a hard work-out (at least at the level you'd expect to) the day after a recovery day then you are going either too fast or long on the recovery day...and should take it down a notch.

---
megawill

Sounds fine to me then

Sounds good then! :thumbsup: