I just turned 14 and my dad was getting a little worried that I haven't started my period yet. So ... Just to get him off my case I lied and said I started. But for the past 3 days I've been seeing brown gooey stuff in my underwear. At first I thought I crapped myself, but it wasn't diarihha. And it didn't smell. So I got a little worried. I did some research and some people said that It means I will be getting my period soon. Is that true?

Yes!! It is! I was eleven when I got first got mine! I remember thinking the same exact thing! Don't worry, just put a panty liner in until the discharge stops! Then once you begin to actually bleed, you can choose between tampons and pads! But, from experience, unless you're involved in sports, I would start with a pad. They seem bulky and annoying, but it'll be much more uncomfortable to insert a tampon if you haven't been sexually active!