Hello, my friends. I have a friend who is 20 years old and he was diagnosed with amblyopia. I wonder if this condition of his is fixable at his age. I really don’t know why he hasn’t fixed it before, when he was younger. I would really be grateful if someone could tell me something about this. Thanks.

Hello. Amblyopia is also known as lazy eye syndrome. The main rule here is that the sooner it is discovered and treated, it is better. Some ophthalmologist suspects in treatment success after the age of 7! Nevertheless, there are studies that investigate this. Many experts are interested whether amblyopia is fixable when one passes 7 years old. In any case, your friend should talk to his ophthalmologist. Perhaps, something still can be done. I hope everything will be all right. Good luck! Bye!