Hi, my problem is anal fissure. Yesterday, I avoided going to the toilet, because my stool is mixed with blood and it is painful to me. I believe that the anal region is inflamed, since it’s all red. What should I do to relieve the pain and have it healed as soon as possible?

I had the same thing, when I was on vacation. I guess it was too hot and I we were sightseeing all days, mostly eating pizzas, sandwiches... It’s not a wonder that I got constipation, which caused me anal fissure. I took a lot of fluid to prevent constipation and some fruits. In pharmacy they gave me stool softeners and a cream for stopping inflammation and relieving pain. I was recommended to take warm baths for 10 minutes, a few times a day to sooth the anal region. The defecation isn’t painful after a few days, but for complete healing of the sore it takes even a few weeks. Further on you must be more careful about what you eat and what could irritate your anal region, because you might become more susceptible to this condition.

It is extremely important not to avoid BM's, that can cause the fissure to worsen resluting in more pain - you need to see a doctor, get some ointments to relax the spasms, and heal the fissure, you need to eat more fibre, drink HEAPS of water, take a stool softener (not a laxative) and keep regular.. if this doesnt fix it over aperiod of 6 weeks or so, consider surgery

I had the surgery 2 weeks ago and the pain and bleeding is gone.

I sufferred for 6 years, i have no idea why i waited so long now!

If you go to manukahoneyusa.com and look at customers testimonials with pictures. In one of the pictures it has a person with anal fissures and it heals it within a week. Manuka honey which you can buy from a health food store really does work good. I had a dog bite with 12 stitches in November. When I applied the Manuka honey to it and cover it with a bandage it healed really fast. I can show you pics of how it worked for me.