My daughter who is 23 had gastric bypass surgery about 2 1/2 years ago and she is pregnant now with twins. Are there any concerns we should have about her getting the proper nutrition for herself and the babies?

Talking to her doctor is going to be very important, with twins they may automatically consider her high risk. They will prescribe vitamins that are a little better than the ones in the store, and might have her taking 2 a day instead of one. While at the doctor, ask that she be seen by a nutritionist as well, that should help. Congrats on being a grandmother soon!

awww, thats great... best wishes on the babies!!

Hello, I became pregnant with twins one year after having weight loss surgery. We unfortunately lost one of the twins- however we will never know for sure if it had anything to do with the surgery itself. It may have just been the baby had a defect and wasn't suppose to make it regardless. I do however have a severe problem with iron absorption and have to get iron injections regularly. This is very important to keep up with and to monitor.
I'm due March 1, 2008- with our first baby girl. This is my 3rd pregnancy and I am 44 years old. I hope this helps. Vitamins and protein is extremely important during pregnancy as well as before and after.

Kudos!

Debbie