Hi..I have this problem and I can't stop thinking about it. I have very tiny lips and I wanna know if any1 had had collagen injection to the lips..Pls if any1 has tell me about it.

1. How long will it last(weeks, months, years?)? Is it permanent?

2. How much is the price?

3. Is there anu possibility it might go wrong during the surgery?

4. There is a cream called 'Perfect Pout' has any1 tried it?if yes, did u see any difference?

I would appreicate it if any1 has the answers to my questions.

Hello there,

Except Collagen, there are a lot newer acid fillers such Perlane, Hylaform or Restylane which are very spread on the US market now. These temporary soft tissue fillers have great and quick plumping effect. Here are some fillers that could last from 1 month to 5 years, but talking from others experience with injectable fillers they last from up to 4 months at most.

Most of the fillers listed below are proved and are totally safe. However, this is not my recommendation, this is only the list of many different products. To use or try any of this collagen fillers please consult your surgeon for more info. To use any of this products below you should be exam by a specialist and should perform allergy test. Most of these products needs allergy test. A friend of mine did it few times and she prefers non-animal hyaluronic acid products over collagen products.

AcHyal is non animal hyaluronic acid from Japan
Cost: $160
Longevity: from 3 to 6 months

CosmoDerm 1 & 2 is a human collagen dermal filler developed in USA
Cost: $190
Longevity: 3 to 6 months

CosmoPlast: crosslinked human collagen dermal filler
Longevity: 3 to 6 months

DermiCol is injectable crosslinked collagen for tissue augmentation. Not available in USA, only in Europe.
Longevity: 6 months to 2 years

Fibrel is injectable porcine derivative collagen developed in States.
Cost: from $300 to $500
Longevity: 6 months to 2 years

Fibroquel is technically: irradiated porcine collagen mixed with polyvinylpyrrolidone (PVP) develped in Mexico. Not available in USA.
Cost: cca. $600
Longevity: reportedly 1 to 1 1/2 years

Hylaform (includes also Hylaform Fine Line & Hylaform Plus) isHyaluronic viscoelastic gel made from avian hyaluronic acid, developed in Great Britain.
Longevity: 3 to 6 months
Cost: 250 to 500£ for lip filling without anesthetic.

Matridur is viscoelastic gel made from hypromellose, poly-lactic acid and hyaluronic acid of non-animal origin developed in Germany.
Longevity: over a year

Metrex is permanent filling made from acrylate and methacrylate spheres suspended in a liquid that turns into a gel when warmed developed in Switzerland but not approved by FDA and not available in USA.

New-Fill is polylactic acid (PLA) hydrogel belonging to the family of aliphatic polyesters also known as Sculptra in the United States and is developed in Europe and available in States.

Cost: $400 with treatment $1000
Longevity: it absorbs into the body as a bio-catalyst and your own collagen will eventually diminish, therefore is not permanent but it should last few years.

Perlane is non-animal hyaluronic acid developed in Sweden. Available in USA.

Longevity: 3 to 6 months
Cost: for lips - $300 to $700

Permacol Injection is injectable porcine dermal collagen matrix developed in USA.

Longevity: Reportedly 1 to 2 years in the lips.
Cost: $300 to $600

Radiance is calcium hydroxylapatite, (CaHA) microspheres suspended in polysaccharide gel Not directly approved by FDA for cosmetic surgery but approved for Radiographic Tissue Marking.
Longevity: some speculate the longevity being at least 2 to 5 years, but the other said over 6 years.

Removal: This type of product is not easily removed. However, excessive collagen production can be dealt with using injections of a corticosteroid like Kenalog.

Cost: approx. $600. to $1,600

Restylane is non-animal hyaluronic acid created in Sweden.

Longevity: 3 to 6 months
Cost: Lips $300 to $600

Zyderm 2 Collagen Implant is bovine collagen suspended in saline and 3mg/ml lignocaine manufactured by well-known InaMed. Available in USA.

Longevity: 3 to 6 months
Cost: $350 to $450

Hope this will help you.

Thanx very much.. I was wondering if u know if any of these are available in UK?? And is there a needle which I can buy and inject my lips with it myself?? I just need something simple... Thanx and I appreciate it :D

Yes, almost all of them are available in the UK, but don't even think about it to do it by yourself. I think none of those fillers are created for self use. I never heard that someone used fillers without experts help. Therefore I suggest you to inform you more about use of those fillers. The best way to find it out is to talk to experts (cosmetic surgeons or pharmacists). Take an appointment just to collect more info. That’s how we do it all :-)

Take care!

^|^
Best

All right, thanx 4 everything!! appreciate it :-)