Hello there,

I'm going to be 39 next week. I know that I am no spring chicken any more, but I have been developing a deep furrow on my forehead that has only gotten worse over the last year in particular. It makes me look quite unattractive, I think, and I would go to quite extreme lengths to get rid of it!!! I am thinking botox but I have also heard that there are better treatments on the market now. Can you tell me what the options are and share your review/experience if you've tried these yourself?

Thanks for your help.

Celebrity

Deeper creases on the forehead respond especially well to botox treatment, more so than other areas of the face, so you are right to be thinking about botox in this case. You will need multiple sessions of precision botox delivery to achieve an optimal effect, with repeat procedures every six or so months as well. In the meantime, many people also find that Retin-A is a product that really helps with their deeper wrinkles. You could ask for a prescription from the same person who will perhaps do your botox. Think of Retin-A as maintanance and botox as the real deal. 

Rosie

I looked into this as well. I am quite a lot older than you, cough, and the wrinkles on my forehead are severe. I was interested in fraxel laser, dermal fillers and fat grafts initially but these do not look like the best options for wrinkles on the forehead. Plastic surgeons say that these wrinkles are the hardest to treat. You more your forehead all the time. Botox is considered the very vest treatment for deep lines on the forehead. I haven't done it yet but I will.

Thanks for taking the time to reply. That's what I thought, only botox. I am admittedly a little scared of botox and was hoping for a procedure that is guaranteed to have more natural looking results. Botox done right can look amazing of course, but I have also seen instances where it makes the person who had botox look terribly artificial. I wouldn't want that either. Is there a secret to botox done right, and if so, do you mind sharing it? Thanks.

I haven't had any personal experience with botox yet 'cause I'm only young but I didn't want to leave you hanging there, LOL. I've heard that targeted injections, so more but smaller, are best. You can review plastic surgeons really well online. There's several forums specifically for that which I'm probs not allowed to link or even name here LOL, but they're there. If you live in a major city you can also ask here about specific plastic surgery clinics and perhaps you'll get reviews. There's some threads here that run for pages upon pages about exactly that. Anyway, do your homework re the folks what's gonna give you botox, that's the bottom line of the deal. Bad botox is no longer necessary in this day and age!!!

I spent a lot of time in tropical climates as a young adult, and I think the sun damage has affected my skin. I am much more obviously wrinkled than most of my older female relatives were at the same age. Sure, I've thought about botox on occasion, but no, I don't want that, I want to look as good as I can without that. I am currently using a vitamin C serum and though of course it hasn't directly made my wrinkles less pronounced, my skin does look healthier and younger, and I am happy enough with that. Aging is inevitable, but I'd rather do it as nicely as possible.