Hi everyone. I'm considering treating wrinkles under the eyes with Botox, but I heard that they are hard to treat this way.I also have a problem with crows feet since I laugh often. Apparently crows feet could be treated with Botox and they respond well to it, but I'm not sure about small wrinkles under the eyes. Does anyone here has any experience in treating wrinkles with Botox? Was it successful? If not, can you recommend other solution. Thanks

Hello. Botox is an excellent choice to treat Crow's feet, however it can't treat excess and deep wrinkles on the lower lids. Treating wrinkles on lower lid with Botox may have negative effects. Botox works by weakening muscle and if you weaken the muscles of your lower lid, you probably might lessen or eradicate the wrinkles, but you also might get weakened lower lid hanging down, and the white of your eye may get exposed allowing your cornea to get too dry. Botox works in the muscles on a temporary basis, not in the skin. Excess skin on the lower lids can be treated with other treatments such as pinch technique or more invasive fractionated laser resurfacing or chemical peels.

Exactly that. Botox treatment is great for fine and slightly deeper lines, but older-looking lower eyelids are usually the result of an increasing low level of fat in that area. It is not Botox you want for that, but dermal fillers, such as hyaluronic acid fillers. These make the skin have a plumper appearance and may also get rid of dark eyelids, since the dark appearance can be caused by visible blood vessels that disappear when fillers are injected. Like Botox, fillers are temporary and need to be repeated after six months or so. Ask what you can do about your aging lower eyelids and any plastic surgery clinic will recommend this.