Hi, I have problem with my 5 year old son, when something isn’t as he wishes, he becomes mad, stays aside and search for extra attention in pleasing his wishes. Sometimes, he gets anger attacks, it worries me seriously so, in the end I follow his wishes. Are there any methods to teach him not to react in such a way?

Hi, I have the same problem with my child. He’s older, 9 years, so I believe, that he has learned to use anger as a way to get things he want. I suppose he learned it for adults that if you act angry you can get anything you wish. Some children cry, sulk, or talk, to confront the provocateur. Other children express anger with aggressive, physical revenge against the provocateur. My sisters son tells to other children they cannot play when they irritate him. So, he reacts in a different manner. I was told that children learn how to react from parents, and that we should change our habits and our child would change too. There are also psychological consultations, individual or group designed to teach anger management.

well im 11 and i know wat it feels like its hard to control yourself

Me, even though exposing the truth. I'm nine years old. Therapist help is usually a last resort. When I was six I had anger issues because of me using revenge as a tool of showing who the person was messing with. However my mom could not control me, so I got sent to an anger management school. After a year and a half the best strategy was walking away from the situation and ignoring whom was irritating me. I have used that ever since.