Hi, I need help my 6 years old son refuses to use potty. Since he is sick, I have offered him to use potty during night, so he doesn’t have to go to the bathroom. but, he is refusing. Is it related to some psychological disorder, as I believe it is so logical.

Hi, you can not expect 6 years old to be reasonable, you need to remember that he is just a child. I have 2.5 year old daughter who is using the potty regularly. When she sits down she likes to stand up, or she can not wait long enough. I am trying to teach her but I believe that it just takes a lot of patients to have progress. Try to explain to your son that you are not making a small child of him, that he is still a big boy even if he uses potty during night, when he is feeling sick. maybe he needs time t get the idea. It is a problem to convince children to believe something you were taught o long ago, that you are not even taking it as something that needs to be learned.