What can I do to help my husband with his temper. Broke down crying the other day and said he didn't want to tell me why... and he said eventually that when he gets really mad he gets the urge to hit me and hurt me... he never has... just throws things and breaks them or at me.. or punches holes in doors... and he doesn't want counseling... I guess I just need some exersices I could do with him to help him or some insight so I can understand him better.. thanks.

I think you must sit with him and talk it out, as there maybe some kind of tension or stress which he is unable to share with you. The tension must be in his workplace or co-group, find it out. He maybe upset as he is unable to react in front of those people and suppresses his feeling and as soon as he sees you he freely releases his outburst..just like a child. See if talking out his problems with you may help him. Take care.