I think my mom has anger issues and naturally she denies it. She doesn’t want to talk about it and when I told her that maybe she should seek for professional help she was so furious and she beat me. Is it possible to manage anger? Please, I need some help here!

Some people choose to ignore anger, but this approach may actually cause more harm because the root problem is never addressed. There are some ideas how to manage anger. Relax by breathing deeply from your belly, not your chest and slowly repeat a calming word or phrase like "take it easy." Think positively. Identify the specific problem that is causing the anger and approach it head-on, even when the problem does not have a quick solution. Communicate with others, Slow down and think carefully and Listen carefully to what the other person is saying. Manage stress by listening to music, writing in a journal; exercising, meditating, maybe a change of environment would help her reduce angry feelings.

You can consult counselor for better anger management techniques, it will help your mother in dealing with her anger.

Regards,
sarah123

***edited by moderator*** web addresses not allowed