I have noticed so scary things few days ago that I have to share with someone. While I was taking bath, I have noticed I have hard bumps in the anus. This surprised me a lot, because I have never noticed something like this before. This started to hurt me and I have noticed anal itching, so I do not know what to do now. Can anyone tell me what it could be and should I visit my doctor with this unpleasant problem.

I cannot give you exact diagnosis without physical exam and taking your medical history called anamnesis. However, I can five you my opinion according to these symptoms you told me. I believe your problem with hard bumps in the anus could be caused by external hemorrhoids. This form of hemorrhoid is located near the anus and feels like a hard bump, as you reported. They are covered by skin, are very sensitive to touch, and bleed only when ruptured, so you should look for this also. This form of hemorrhoid is located beneath the lining in the anus, differently to internal hemorrhoids that may or may not cause pain. However, they are likely to bleed and protrude from the anus during bowel movements. Because the symptoms of hemorrhoids are similar to those of fissures, fistulae, or abscesses, it is important to be seen by a doctor and be diagnosed exactly. However, many people suffer from their hemorrhoids and treat them with over the counter medications without ever talking to their doctor, which is not right way. Rectal bleeding should always be checked out by a doctor, even if it is suspected to be from a hemorrhoid, even when hard bumps in the anus are presented.

Yes it's very likely to be an external hemorrhoid, and yes, you should get yourself diagnosed properly from a doctor as there are possibilities of other problems.