hello, i am another embarrassed person who doesn't want to go to the doctor yet if it's not anything serious. sometimes when i sh*t, it's painful because there are sharp stuff in my faeces (i don't know what, like chilli seed maybe?) that pokes into the walls of my anus and i can feel the anus tear. sometimes it doesn't happen if i eat digestable stuff. just now when i went to the toilet to sh*t, it happened again and this time i could feel the blood coming out. i took tissue to dab the area around the opening of the anus and there was blood. i kept washing it and dabbing it for about 5 minutes till i decided to just wash off. im quite worried. please advice?

Anal bleeding isn't a normal thing, The ideal is to eat things that will not tear up your insides, I can almost assure you that if you feel the pain, you need to go see a doctor, because you might have something more serious going on in your anus.

I have learned from personal experience that when something like this is happening, it really has to do with what you eat. I dont know you that much, but that has happen to me and it happend because I consumed milk or why protein....

i had a similar problem to the one you described but i decide to go see my doctor about it.
My mum told me it could be piles but for obvious reasons didnt want to show her my private area, so i went to the doctor who couldnt actually find anything wrong.
She told me the problem may be just because i wasnt drinking enough water and so when i went to the toilet my poo was hard and dry and therfore causes some anal bleeding. if you can see any form of piles or anything other physically wrong then have a go at drinking more water and see if this helps, if it still occurs i recomend you go see your doctor who will be nice and professional about looking down there :-)

I have the same problem recurring over from time to time. only recently there has been alot of blood and it's freaking me out and im to embarrassed to go to GP. But I guess im gonna have to face it in case its serious.

Any bleeding from that area that is undiagnosed, you need to see a doctor about. The anxiety of seeing doctor only exists within your own mind.

This is your health, there is no price you can put on that.

If you manage it now, it won't be a big problem. Get into a stool softener (like Metamucil) and fibre in your breakfast (All Bran) and see how you go. Lots of water also - I slip up on this also. I loooovvvveee my coffee.

Good luck.

Obviously it's not a good thing when you bleed down there but I admit i've had it before and cleared it up by changing my diet to drinking more water and juice/smoothies, mainly the fruit and bran side of things REALLY helps and cut back on anything sharp that may not be digesting properly.
hope it helps :-D

Painful bleeding poop can be hemorroids. Or something more serious . Go see you doc.

Have you had any recently constipation? or was your feces unusually large and or long? If so it sounds a lot like you have a hemorrhoid. They can be internal, external, small, larger, etc....you get the point. I had similar symptoms as you and decided to get over my shyness and go to the doctor to get it checked out. And as I had guessed, I was right I had a small external hemorrhoid. My doctor said it wasn't a big deal but gave me some cream to rub on it. I was told the reason for having one was most likely due to the bouts of constipation and straining I had done lately. When a person suffers from a lot of constipation, they often times don't realize how much they push and strain to get the feces out, which in turn can cause a hemorrhoid to occur.
In order to fix this fairly embarrassing condition is to fix/avoid constipation. It helps also to find out what is causing your constipation. One of the most important things you can do to avoid this problem is fiber fiber fiber!!! It's very important to increase your daily intake of fiber either by the foods you eat, taking fiber pills/capsules, powder formulas like Metamucil or Benefiber, or even chocolate chews which contain fiber. It also wouldn't hurt to take some stool softeners.
Most people don't realize this but some medications we take can cause constipation, especially pain pills. For example, a person who is prescribed Lortab or Percocet for back pain up to 3 times a day as needed for pain can become extremely constipated if they are not aware of this side effect and do nothing to counteract this. Another reason for constipation is inactivity (being laid up on the couch with a broken leg can get constipated because they are not moving their body around).
Even though hemorrhoids are often harmless and nothing to worry about, it's usually a good idea to make a quick visit to your family doctor to confirm the diagnosis (especially if you've never had one before). Once you take steps to treat the constipation your bleeding and discomfort will ease and then disappear. I hope this helps answer your question. Good luck :-)

Look up hemorrhoids or anal fissures and their causes and treatments. That's where I discovered I had those symptoms of anal fissures. Take that knowledge to your doctor and let them diagnose you for sure and ask questions about different problems associated with the rectum, anus, etc... Remember you are NOT the first person that the doctor has seen. This is why they're doctors! They aren't going to look at you like a freak, it really is in your own mind. They have had several years of experience and unless you have the bottom that has a new scientific discovery and belongs in a journal then CALM DOWN! This is why people go undiagnosed with cancers and other disorders because they're ashamed and not in-tune with their bodies so they don't go to doctors. Just ask your specialist exactly how long s/he has been in the field and you will see that a OB/GYN, Urologists, Gastroenterologist, or in this case Proctologist which has probably has seen thousands of anuses and yours is no more different than the next! LOL XD

you need to stop this habit it will cause you more damage

my anus hurts after takin a sh##t i cant even sit on my ass for like 8hours ,, this is destroing my life ,, i cant sit on a chair i have to remain standing up or sleeping on my belly for like 8 hours of pain

I have a similar problem with my butt.  One day I got a craving for nuts like a mixture of walnuts,  and other types, like those mixed ones at the super market.  Well,  I ate these like no tomorrow and wound up with a bleeding ass for the next few days.  So,  I realized this caused some damage so I didn't eat nuts like that anymore.  A few months later I got a craving for macdammia nuts.  Well,  I woofed those down and guess what?  Bleeding ass again.  So,  that was the end of that.  A few months later I figured I'd try pastacio nuts....thats right you guessed it,  bleeding ass again.  So,  from my experience,  sharp foods can cause this problem.  Anyway,  I am going to see the doctor about this because tonight I had a bleeding problem with nothing sharp at all.  The only difference though is possible that fact its so hot out (almost 100 degrees),  which could mean I need to hydrate (drink water).  I don't feel thirst though.  I did have a problem with a hemmorid once and I had to have it removed.  It was the kind that dropped out of my ass.  Very annoying and felt like I was going when I was actually inside out.   I had to go to the hospital and have a specialist temove it.  Which was not fun at all.  Don't feel bad about seeing a doctor because it is your health.  I am sure a lot of people you know are going through it but won't talk about it.  Good luck.

It could be an anal fissure but it's impossible to diagnose yourself, so please bear the embarrassment to spare yourself the suffering and visit your doctor. Incorporate more fiber and fluids in your diet, if it's not too serious the doctor should be prescribing some cream or suppositories, and try not to let yourself constipate, that includes holding back your stools.

Was in hospital for two weeks with chronic pan from pancreas. Was on a lot of pain meds. When got home after getting home my rectum started bleeding after having a bowel movement. A lot of red blood, looked really fresh. Not to sure what it was, read on this web site about someone else having same problem. Just started to use Prepration H to see if will help and know I will be more Mobile this should also help hopefully. Will update tomorrow.