Hi, I am concerned about my boyfriend. He started smoke cannabis couple of months ago, and during this time he changed a lot. A funny, smart boy turned into a quiet, antisocial paranoid. He is totally depersonalized and anxious after smoking weed. Is there anyone else with this problem?

Hi, in my 20s I was going through the same thing as your boyfriend is now. I smoked marijuana every night with couple of my friends. It seamed so fun and harmless. If I only knew at that time what will I become because of the weed, I would immediately quit smoking it. I lost most of my friends, I was expelled from the university and became antisocial. I liked the feeling of getting high and disconnected from my body. I completely lost a sence of reality and my brain changed perception of the world. You said that your boyfriend is acting paranoid, well it’s well known for a long time that marijuana can produce paranoia. If cigarettes are so dangerous, and they are legal, just imagine what cannabis can do to your body!

Yes please answer, I used to smoke weed every hour of my life for 2years, I mean constantly, there was not a minute I wasn't stoned.
I even slept in a room full of cannabis smoke so when I woke up I was still kinda "hungover stoned" and I lighted up another joint before I went out of bed and kept going at it all day till I passed out.
One day I got this extreme panic attacks, and kept having them 10 times a day for months, my life got ruined, dropped out of school, started believing I was going mentally insane, the world seemed so distant and foreign.
I haven't smoked any weed for months, and the panic attacks has almost dissapeared, but I still feel weird, and I get panic attack occasionally.
If I'm far from home or something, I can catch a panic attack, if I think deep thoughts too.

Is there a way to get out of this and get my whole life back to the way it was?

hey sweet i went thru the same thing... myn died down alot from when it started juzt get paranoid every now n again .... valiums nock out the anxeity but i would'nt recomend them 2 him as they r downers and he is already depressed... yeh but things should start 2 level out thru time ...

Hi! Im a 22 year old female. I have been smoking since I was 13 or so and I can say that I have never had a problem because of it but many problems seemed less due to it. Its all really depends on what you are on the inside already, smoking will just often bring that out of you, it opens a door of preception so to say. Also I am a mother and I smoked the whole time I was with child and I had a very large, happy baby. All this propaganda is poisoning everyones mind.....

Im antisocial without weed.. So that means if I start smoking weed I should become social?!

Weed is no concern, its when your boyfriend gets into the hardcore drugs.. Thats when he become retarded, take it from experiance ;-)

I feel the same way as the guest talking about the panic attacks. I smoked one night in June and then I panicked and from then on I have felt weird, but the past month it has been really bad, I think because i accidentlly smoked some that my friend didn't tell me. But, anyways, does it go away sooner or later? I'm starting to get scared, I also seem to be sensitive to light, and I don't even know if it's really sensitivity to light, or things just look weird. But anyways, please help.

I think Connector is right and wrong.

This is LOOOOOOOONG....but if you felt like I had felt....you will read it to the last word....you were meant to read it!!!!

The solution is there...and everything happens for a reason...Take it from a smoker that has suffered.
Well this is my interpertation and here is how it goes:

Some people are more sensitive than others to weed effects, that's why many people report depression after a year...2,3...even 10 after smoking their first joint. All I can recall really..is enjoying the experience at first...then after 2 years (no heavy use) I get anxious and a little depressed...I continue smoking...and I continue getting depressed more and more..I should have noticed by then, but no, weed was too good to throw away. After 3 years It hits me...while I'm high a Panic attack...awfull. Just remembering what was in mind that day sends shivers down my spine...A panic attack is like having no soul, and your mind is trying to prove to you that you have no soul, when it gets very close you get a panic attack. I stop smoking weed for a month, no panic attacks, mellow life, boring friends. I smoke again...but this time the mood is different...I dont like it...it scares me...I get confused..it's a sort of controllable mini panic attack. And everytime I smoke hoping it goes away...there it is. I smoked witha friend and I get bored with nothing to say. I am a fighter in personality...I keep fighting till I win..All my life I challenge others...and I always seem to win. In promotions I get promoted 1st, in games I rock! I consider fellow employees as challengers. I always felt that I have to be the best. 2nd place is last place. both are losers in the game of life....I was depressed!!!!
That is depression in its true eye...the sadness and worthless feelings are symtoms associated with depression. "Even stars refuse to shine!"
Whenever, just the sense that someone is better than me...I get scared...depressed...unhappy for the comming days.
I can't even explain having so many friends...I think to myself (what do they want).
I am Muslim, and not a good one, actually I'm a bad example of a Muslim.
I turn to my faith as a last resort...I turn to God (ALLAH), I pray to him, I know my illness has no cure except with him. for the first time I see the true meaning of the world, a reality that shocks me. Religion is a path...who walk it are PROMISED happiness in this world and the next...for others..not too sure .... Some people are MEANT to follow that path....

God (ALLAH) doesn't break a promise. God (ALLAH) is Perfect and only he is perfect. WEED, ALCAHOL are forbidden. but here is what healed my heart:
"If you plan to do good and do it, Allah repays you with a hundred times that you have done.
If you plan to do good and dont do it, Allah repays you with what you have planned as like you have done it.
If you planned to do bad and don't do it, Allah repays you with one good deed.
If you planned to do bad and do it, good punishes you with one bad deed"

I have changed...lost your ego, personality,ambition...been there done that...and now I look at it (btw looking at some bad experience is the first step to recovery) I see, I truely see the journey of life..as a Muslim I may see it differently than a Christian...but I truely respect both!

The Mind is a wonderful thing, and it will stay that way till someone figures it out...I don't seem to care, to me its a tool to judge good from evil, and to fufill my soul's need to learn about the mysteries of life.
I am still a fighter....I just changed the fight from selfish, to selfless.

ok i never smoked weed or had done any alcohol until last night. i feel like ive gone into a dream and i cant get out. i dont feel myself anymore and i just want to get back to my old life. is this going to be permanent? its only my first time smoking, and the stuff was only like low grade KB. someone please help me, i cant deal with this

Thta's a very sensible reply there The Foz. I've been going through depersonalization for three months now and it sucks big time and it's so comforting to have advice like that.

4 years ago I used to be a big smoker. Proper chilled out and all the rest. Talkative and such and then it started to get more poaranoid and now I have a disintegrated personality. I hope it returns!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hello, I am unable to smoke weed anymore. I am a former bong Ripper,Bud smoker and was making a living distruting weed for 6-7 years until Panic Hit me one night with a gathering of friends.Me, a hard body thugish type started to become really scared of my body, my thoughts and everyone around me seemed really bad.I am full of terror, images of my parents and a urge to leave want to break through, I couldnt breathe am I dying Why does this look so wierd. Racing thoughts, sweaty palms, and all from what? My hands are trembeling I think its lasted I yell to everyone they all laugh and as they ask if im all rite the feelings all intensify.I know the weed isnt laced because I grew it.I dont drop acid, and never did nor did I recieve a ''mickey" in my drink when I wasnt looking.I was rushed to the hospital. bloodworks fine no signs of coke, or any other drug just weed.10 years have gone by and many episodes like the first still haunt me. I Did take a Rx called xanax .5 mg when they'd occur. But I do have to say I have found christ jesus through this problem! Aswell as the ability to rise above fear in my mind far beyond what you may think.I have been broken in "mind" only to become stronger in my mind. I also have stopped taking xanax. I belive now in the tree of life as discribed in bible verses ,rather than The tree of illution. When you find the tree of life Its fruit is far more relaxing and truly pure than marijauna. you become stonger from the tree of life and your mental state of mind is opend in the same way but with much more admaration of a summer day than with weed. But because you may lose a few friends and gain eternal peace AND tranquility the choice is not mine. Take my experience examine it, it is true. If you have had simmalar experiences on weed, it is god challanging you. letting you breake, because he wants to make you stronger in MIND. Just like you think you get from WEED.He knows you just want to chill. trust me he Knows.Choose the tree of life witch grows Fruits of peace and stress reduction. you dont have to panic anymore. let god make you stronger.

I started heavily smoking pot about a year ago. After about 5 months of that time i started developing depersonalization disorder. Its as if my whole perception of myself and my environment became distorted, worsening every passing month. I have been clean for about a month and a half after i pulled it together. What was going on? I don't think this is a coincidence, however i am open minded and want to hear what you think.

Hi, Im 19 And Ive Smoked For Two Years And It Was A Big Part Of My Lifestyle Until It Started Giving Me These Panic Attacks 8 Months Ago. I Felt So Depersonalized But Kept Smoking And Just Delt With The Panic Attacks Until About 6 Weeks Ago. I Feel So Anxious And Depersonalized Now. Something Is Wrong With The Way I See Things, Like Blurred Vision. When I Go Outside I Cant Take In The Mood Of The Day Anymore. I Dont Take Interest In Anything Anymore. I Feel Like My Life Is Over. Is My Seritonin Low? Why Wont These Feelings Go Away?

I had DP/DR too for about 2 years... and yea, I got it from smoking weed. It goes away if you change your lifestyle into a healthy one. Stop smoking, start running, stop smoking, stop drinking caffeine.

My point is, make changes to change yourself. You arent going to THINK your way out of an already sick brain. Get on a treadmill, eat some salad, get out of your mind and into your life.

hi, im 19 and developed mild panic attack/ DP disorder after smoking some crazy strong weed. i enjoy marijuana and i want to try it again but im worried to experiment, just wondering if anyone here has any experience trying marijuana after developing problems such as DP/DR. ******

thanks

**edited by moderator**