PLEASE READ

I'm pretty scared right now and dont know what to really do.

I'm 19 and have been smoking weed for a few years straight and loving it. I went on vacation for a little over a week and didn't smoke the whole time i was on vacation. So I get home sunday night and on monday august 15, i was with a friend and was excited to start smoking again. I took one really big, massive hit and got pretty stoned and was feeling fine for a while until i started feeling really woozy. My heart rate started going crazy, my hands and feet were tingling, my chest had a lot of pressure, my left arm went numb, i felt very nauseated and anxious and it felt like i would maybe pass out. Very scary feeling! I tried to calm myself down and about after an hour of the same feeling, i asked my mom to take me to the emergency room. only when i got to the hospital did i start to calm down. they ran just about every test on me and everything came back fine except a really low pottasium level.

Well i thought that if i just start eating better and get more pottasium that i'd be fine. NOW THIS IS WHAT IS WORRYING ME.

I got out of the hospital monday night and the next day, tuesday august 16, i woke up feeling pretty okay, just a little weak, but started off my day like normal.

and then out of no where i started feeling really anxious and nauseated along with strange vision, like everything is kinda dreamy or sharp looking. It wouldnt go away so i decided to take a nap after a while. when i woke up a few hours later i still felt the same anxious, nauseated feeling. I even tried to hang out with my friend to see if I would stop feeling anxiou but that didnt help. It finally went away a few hours before i went to bed and it was such a relief. BUT the next day, wednesday august 17, it pretty much happened the same way. i felt really crappy, anxious, and nausteated for apparently no reason. I kept asking myself why i'm feeling anxious cause i have nothing to worry about but it didnt really help. I went to the family doctor that day(and by this time the anxiety feeling was gone) and they did a few more tests, and i tried to explain the axiety feeling i was having but they said not to worry and call back in a few days if I still feel the same way. well i had to go to work right after the doctors visit and i felt fine for about thirty minutes and then it hit me again. but this time it didnt last as long as the other times, maybe an hour and a half of it and then it went away. I felt pretty okay for the rest of the night, ate a good dinner, had a happy-tired feeling and was glad to go to bed.

AND NOW about an 2 hours ago, i woke up suddenly out of nowhere feeling very crappy, anxious, nauseated, shaky, heart racing with a weird and scary dreamy feeling along with weird vision again. I felt hot one minute and cold the next and tried to just go back to sleep but couldnt. like i said, It has now been about two hours and i'm feeling a tiny bit better but still a little anxious.

So in summary, ever since that one hit of weed, and after that first big attack, It seems like i've been having anxiety problems. It's an off and on pattern, I'll feel fine for a while, and then really shitty for a while. I havent smoked since that one hit on monday so that's why i'm scared that i'm having these affects even though its been a few days.

From what i've read, I now have some kinda of disorder that'll take a few months to get back to normal? that makes me worry even more because only a few days of feeling like this is horrible so I dont know if I can handle several months. I guess in a few more days if i keep feeling like this then i'll ask my doctor about seeing someone about anxiety disorders or something BUT IF ANYONE HAS ADVICE FOR THE STUFF IM SPECIFICALLY GOING THROUGH THEN PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE REPLY OR EMAIL ME.

I can relate to what your saying. umpteen yrs ago when I was about 25 bk in the 70's I decided to smoke some weed. I tried it basically a few times. then the last time I tried it was the last time, because of an anxiety attack. I had never had one before. I thought I was going to die and a friend of mine said you cant go to the hospital because what would you say. so, I waited it out. at that time I had a lot of problems in my life. I wasnt dealing with them actually. I would daydream my life away sort of living in a day dream. reality came quick when this happened. well, a few days later, when a few friends came by to see me I had another one. the memory of seeing them and the weed brought it on. I have to this day never touched anything like this. I dont drink alcohol as that caused me to have panic attacks as well. I quit smoking cigarettes and quit drinking cafinated drinks. I even quit eating so much salt and sugar. basically when something like this happens you immediately think about your health. well, my panic attacks didnt stop and I found I couldnt sleep as when I laid down I couldnt feel my chest rise and i had to breathe hard to make sure I was going to live. I got so exhausted I went to see a dr. I was lucky back then as the drs were decent and one saw me right away. He gave me the best advice I ever got...he said, that I would live and that my sleep would return and I would pass out basically if I didnt and would still be breathing. he put that thought in my mind and that night I went home and slept...what he said comforted me because I realized that if I went to sleep i wouldnt die. depression came along with this...and it was hard...this same dr said since I was so young if I could handle it with therapy that I would learn who I was and know how to care for myself. well, I did what he said...and I had two episodes in my life...my sort of diagnosis was major depression and anxiety disorder. I got through them both...the second one was horrible because I had seen a dr who jumped to conclusions about diagnosis which was wrong and it affected me and gave me a phobia about myself. by then I was married and had two kids. i kept plugging on and I have a faith in God and my husband was airforce and we were overseas and the dr I saw which was bad was there and when we left and went bk to the states I waited awhile afraid to see a dr but then got pregnant which nearly killed me and I lost that baby...but then found a really special dr...who got me through it....I thank him to this day. I had 5 kids who are all wonderful. well, later in life when I turned 37, I had a hysterectomy and was allergic to the estrogen they gave me..premarin...so they put me on an antidepressant...it wasnt easy...but I took it....it did help me sleep and eat...I eventually got off the estrogen and got on one that was ok. but it took about 5 months of a long nightmare. I got better and the meds worked and I started my life again...I went to college and finished raising my kids. recently, I was having a lot of stress letting my youngest child go..helping him out as my husband worked...I was handling multiple things and knew I was having too much stress...I am also on a seizure drug...keppra...so I am suppose to watch my stress...then one day I felt this little anxiety attack...and blew it off...I breathe through them...then as of late ....Im 60yrs old now...I started having shaking feelings when i woke and sweating and not feeling anything strange...just shaking and sweating....and tired...like I had fought wwII. then i had a sleep study done for my snoring...and they discovered I had yes, loud snoring and no sleep apnea but I did have nocturnal panic attacks. right after that, my husband and I got the intestinal virus...I became depleted...and drank some flavored pedialyte...it affected my stomach ...and I had more diahrrea...I lost 10lbs...i got some clear pedialyte and it subsided a little...I then took some meds called nystatin for fungal thrush and ulcers of the tongue..it burned my stomach...so then i took famotidine acid reducer and had bad side affects and got off it...changed to a generic protonix  acid reducer...and discovered that now I cant sleep...i would lay there and not have panic attacks but if I dropped off my stomach began to coil up and acid come up...and so I started some xanax...then my dr prescribed .25mgs two times a day...it helped a bit...but if I didnt fall asleep within the 4 hrs time...and if I slept later I began to shake and sweat and forced myself to stay asleep shaking and sweating...still tired the next morning....when i took the xanax, it caused me to still feel anxious...but I had to have sleep....as of yet, I have lost 12lbs...so, if I sleep or if i dont, Im still tired...or weak from all the diahrrea.....sometimes anxiety can cause diahrrea...and wipe you out...it did me back then...when I went through the first time...I lost about 15lbs....I was already thin and afraid I would die from all the  weight loss....but it slowly stopped...on its own....the thing that continued was the depression...that took awhile to go away.....but it did....life is full of stress.....the antidepressant I was put on was desipramine a tricyclic ...it worked but took forever to do that....I wasnt suppose to stay on it long but did and when trying to get off had a seizure....each time trying to get off causing me seizues...so  now Im on a seizure drug....which if it goes off balance causes depression and anxiety....so, with this situation Im in now....I am on xanax and waiting to take the xr...timed released until I can see a dr....in the town I live in...we have to wait one or two months....and that is sad....I pray that God rescues me...has mercy on me and gets tme through this.....pray for me ....thank you 

Hi Marissa,
Believe me, I know what you are going through because I was for about 20 years until I found a doctor who would listen to me. When you go through a traumatic event or episode like you did when you had that first panic attack, it is not forgotten easily. When you are put in the same situation or think about the event that triggered your attack, another attack may come about. Multiple panic attacks like you are having could be a "Anxiety Disorder" and can easily with medications and/or therapy, take care of the problem. This may sound like a lot to deal with but I bet that you would like for these attacks to stop and soon. Having a good friend around to calm you and assure you that you are not dying and that everything will be alright is helpful. Remember that you are not alone and that there is help. Find a Neurologist that you feel comfortable being around.
Good Luck,
Bill

i had my last bit of weed about 2 months ago, it was only 1 bong. i was never a regular smoker and only have done the herb about 12 ish times. i know think i have some sort of anxiety problem and it is hell! i had a full blown panic attack when i did that bong and for the week after that i was not myself and had another small attack. i then forgot about it and went back to living my life for about 1 and half- 2 months. now it is back i am worrying about all my studying for my exams and don't think i can do it. what shall i do? please help?

you triggered your anxiety. Get on paxil and Xanax to level out, you be fine. Don't read to many blogs because they will increase anxiety. I had the same thing happen 10 years ago. Weed is the root cause that triggered your anxiety. Now you know that psychedelic substance are not for people with predisposed mental illnesses. I bet one of your parent had mental issues.

I'm feeling the exact same as you, I recently started university and got into smoking weed, I'd done it before but not as regular as i had been since starting university, me and my flat mate were smoking everday nearly which i enjoyed but then one day about 2 months after starting it hit me. a really awful panic attack. i'd never ever suffered with panic attacks before but knew the symptoms as my girlfriend suffers with them regularly. i have never suffered a more awful feeling, i was convinced i was going to die and struggled breathing and couldnt feel my arms it felt like i was floating instead of walking and i was haluscinating and feeling really dizzy. panic really started to set in and it was awful. i swore to myself never again will i smoke weed which i havent, when i woke up the next day after only really falling asleep through exhaustion. after about a week or so of feeling not myself and blurred vision while feeling dizzy i started to feel a bit like myself again but things still weren't the same . and then about a month ago i had another panic attack when i was really hungover it was an awful feeling again but luckily i was at home and my mum managed to calm me down and talk with me and that really seemed to help but since that day i've never felt like myself. every little thing sets off a panic and i'm starting to feel really depressed by it. i've not been to help from a doctor or anything as my dad is a recently retired mental health nurse he's helped a lot and knowing my mums been through the same thing (minus the weed) helps too as she feels perfectly norma and in control of her body. i've never felt like myself for the last few months since the first attack but i will go through days thinking yeah ive actually been okay today but some days where i just want this to end. i just hope some day soon i will feel like myself again. if anyone has had a similar experience please get in touch i would love to talk to you about things

I had the same thing happen to me about three weeks ago when I was home for break from college. I ate a weed brownie and experienced the worst panic attack ever..I honestly believed I was going to die, my heart was beating extremely fast, I couldn't breathe, I was hallucinating very badly, and I had no sense of myself and my actions. I tried calling 911 but my friends took my phone away and called my parents instead..thank God. Anyways, the first couple days after I felt a little weird but nothing too bad and thought I was ok. So about a week later I went back to college and all of a sudden I have this constant anxiety and feeling like I don't belong here. It's so confusing because I loved it here before and could not wait to come back and I was constantly at ease and laid back. Now, I'm just constantly on edge, I feel as if im kind of just going through the motions and not loving life like I used to, and I have social anxiety even with my friends, something I have never had before this. I really relate to what you are going through and how you don't feel the same, I'm having the same exact problem. It's like in a way you do feel the same but there's just something not quite right, and it bugs the c**p outta me. Today, I talked to a counselor about it and scheduled an appointment with a physchologist..hopefully this will help.

I am here to help :-)
First and foremost you are going to be fine, relax, you are NOT alone :-) you are NOT going crazy or will go crazy "it just can not happen with anxiety/panic disorder"
You are not alone, there are people going through the same exact thing you are " as I once did in Feb 10 2007"

I will answer some quick questions I desperately wanted when I first went through this myself.
1. Are you still the same? Will you feel the same as you once did? "Normal?"
A. In short Yes you are still the same person and you WILL become the person you once were, "normal again". :-)
2. Is there a "cure"?
A. In short, yes there is a cure, and this does not involve prescription drugs, this is in fact a "cure" for panic/anxiety disorder I have discovered through years of first hand experience and note taking of what worked and what didn't, I have never taken prescription drugs but some people find it easier to cope with the help of prescription drugs, I do not have first hand experience with this but if you feel comfortable with the help of some medications by all means do what you feel best .
3. What caused my panic attack and why is it not going away now that I am sober for days and or even weeks.
A. The cause of your panic attack was due to a few factors according to the research I have conducted on myself and others, It was triggered by marijuana 'obviously' but usually occurs when the person has consumed " too much" of what he is used to or if the person has stopped using marijuana for a prolong period and tries to go back in taking the same "hits" consumption he was used to , whether the panic attacks stays " days,weeks,months,years" or goes "last only a few hours, a day" depends very much on the individuals body itself , personality , and family history of mental illness. Some people smoke marijuana, have a panic attack and it just goes away in a few hours and they feel completely normal again and don't experience any panic or anxiety feelings at all, life is as once was, the same after the episode. , others have a panic attack and it stays with that person, the person will feel consistently worrying about anything and everything, his heart will feel as if it is racing, his body feels tingly , feels like he is going crazy, this is now called panic/anxiety disorder in which was triggered by marijuana.

4. I can't live my life anymore, it is just too much to handle. What should I do now?
A. All you are feeling is a large amount of adrenaline , that is it, plain and simple. Anxiety/panic is just adrenaline, yes it does "feel" like it is too much, I agree with you 100% on the "feeling" but that is all that it is, a false alarm "feeling", to a sense that worry feeling is not even real, the adrenaline your brain is making you "think" "feel" that you should worry,or obsesses on a real life situation/problem or in general, what I am trying to get here is that first of all it is just adrenalin and this adrenalin will want to make you worry and it WILL "FEEL" BAD. But you can reverse the process in which what happened when you triggered your anxiety/panic disorder so you can feel normal again, and only then will you realize that what I am saying is so true, that the panic/anxiety feelings are just that, feelings in which when they are overly active they WILL TRY to make you worry about anything and everything BUT once you start getting back to your normal state you will be amazed in how false these worries were, they didn't even exist. .I know it sounds kinda weird lol... But just bear with me I have never tried to explain how to cure this disorder before.

My short story :-)

I myself was one of those people, I will keep my story short because I want to help you people and try to be as supportive as possible, since I went through the exact same thing. :-)

I never was a person interested in drugs, almost my whole life I stayed away from them and I was very proud for doing so. When I turned 17 years old I was ' I know this will sound cheesy but it really was how I felt' I felt like I was on top of the world, I was going to graduate highschool and everyday I was just so happy and excited for what my future was going to be, I was going to attend college and I wanted to make a lot of friends and,I, in general felt very strong minded teenager, I was happy, optimistic, excited, I felt like I was at my prime.

I graduated that year May 20 ,2007 I was 17 , before entering college I felt like things people said about marijuana were not so true, as in it being a dangerous drug and how it ruins lives, but as the cautious person I was I decided to do research on marijuana before deciding to try it, just to be on the safe side.... I did about 3 weeks of general research on and off on marijuana and decided it was perfectly safe , much safer then any other drug " even alcohol" I began to see it as a pass time harmless party drug, I decided to try it with my older brother but not before vowing to each other that we will not do anything else other then marijuana, no matter what, not even alcohol.

My first time trying marijuana was on about jun 1 2007 , it was a really fun experience, my and my bro laughed at literally every little thing we said, we played little mind games oneach other to try to get the other person paranoid which made us laugh even more, we enjoyed music and talked about how cool /weird it sounded when we were high , we felt time going so slow , it was awesome basically. Sometime in middle of June 2007 we tried it again, and it was another good memory I had with my brother, we had an awesome fun time - about a month has passed and I have smoked Marijuana A total of 8-10 times but in the month of Feb 2008 my brother brought some fresh marijuana which was more potent than the dried up weed we had laying around in our gaming cartages. I remember that day vividly.... Because on that day, that one day I decided to wrap my lips around a very poorly "and funny" made zigzag, that on that day was the first of my marijuana triggered panic anxiety disorder. Even while experiencing the attack thinking I was dying I told myself ," oh well, you see what happens if you mess with drugs, you just gotta stuck it up now until it passes and just hope nothing permanent has happened ...." I can go on and on about what happen that day and week and months and years that passed ' 5 years now' .... But Im not going to talk about me, I am going to talk to you people about curing this disease.

I always thought/knew that I could ' cure ' this disorder because it appered in my life out of the blue over something so insignificant, I always felt like just as it suddenly appeared it could suddenly disappear, especially since I felt as a normal healthy athletic teenager and I never really had problems withmental issues, I refused to take medication, my whole life I always thought I could overcome ANYTHING I put my mind into no matter what, so I decided to figure out exactly what happened, why it happened, how long will it stay, and how to get my life back which belonged to me. I will not be defeated, I will not stay on my knees, I will stand back up and I will rid myself of this anxiety/panic in which is trying to destroy the very person who I am.

So I started to realize that in some instances I would feel more anxiety then others and why my mind would want to focus on just the negative things even though there could had been a positive things in my life, basically I was analyzing and documenting everything on the disorder in order to find a cure.

The "cure"
After 5 years of research I feel Like I have in fact found a "cure" in which your brain will try.to get back to its normal state in which it once was, because what happened to your brain after the consumption of marijuana is that the marijuana made a part of your brain ' overly active' which is in turn producing a large amount of chemicles that make you worry 'adrenaline' but not only is your braib producing a large amount of these " worry " chemicles but your brain is NOT recieving the " feel good" chemicals in the areas in which they are needed, " serotonin, dopamine , etc" therefor not only is your brain producing a surplus of adrenaline and other chemicals that are making you worry but it is also not recieving the feel good chemicals in which it needs in order for you to feel tranquility and a natural sense of euphoria, positive, etc.

Now you're probably thinking , what does this all mean and why does ot matter I just want to get cured. Well, when I first got my disordervall I wanted was to get cured as well , but I realized that I cannot cure something in which I do not have an understanding in which how it works or what is going on, I realize that we are all different unique people, but we have stumbled down the path of anxiety/panic disorder, I realize we all tend to feel the same things with anxiety/panic disorder but associate them to our own unique individual lives, but the big picture here is that in reality we are all walking down the same path and when a person in that path actually figures out how to wiggle himself out and actually be closer to feeling like his brain is being cured, that in fact if another person would try the same methods and techniques that they would also feel the same exact benifits and they would also in fact be closer to curing himself as well, just like the person who discovered the exit, but the important thing here is the research a.d facts in what actually is in fact "curing" one self back to a state of normalit, to stick to the facts. ..I NEED TO GO I WILL TRY TO FINISH LAYER, REMEMBER EVERYTHING IS GOING TO BE OK. :-)

Please finish. I'm worried about myself. I'm alot like you, I was very driven, motivated and happy. I am at a high quality college and doing quite well. I also had only smoked weed a few times before my panic attack. I'm totally fine for a couple days and then it'll hit me and I feel extremely depressed and anxious and no matter how bad I want it so stop, it doesn't. I need help, I can't deal with this much longer, that panic attack really screwed me up.

yes please finish how did you get out??? i felt finally i have hopes and then nothing....

Please finish u gave me hope!!

How is everyone else doing on this thread??please reply
I want to start a conversation between us all !

I spent 8 months feeling like my head was empty, depressed and anxious, then i found a way out. All you need to do is to respect the order of nature: don't take any drug (anything synthetic or extracted, including meds, alcohol, sugar, white flour etc), remove all animal products from your diet, remove all unnatural plants from your diet (wheat, potatoes, carrots, beets, beans, etc), stop being a slave. Weed is not the problem but the trigger, it can force you this way. In case you're wondering which plants are natural, here are some: spelt, quinoa, amaranth, most common fruits, kale, green lettuce, chickpeas... do some research about plants for the rest.

It ALLL gets better! I've been smoking for 4 years until ONE DAY.. I got a very bad panic attack.. I had gotten mini pain attracts that would come and go like nothing I felt very in control of them until the last one that had me so scared I went out into my families room told my mom and dad that I was tripping off weed and my hands were tingling and locked up, heavy breathing felt like I was going to pass out ect.. My sister who has anxiety popped me a Xanax and instantly I felt good. Still a cloudy mind . But that edge was gone. After the pull I started shaking and a everything was super cold.. Hour later I was fine went into my room and played a little Xbox again (call of duty) it started giving me a panic attack.. Went into the living room and talked to my parents fly hours I felt great. Great enough that when they went to be I smoked another little Bowl. BAM super anxiety! Walls felt closing in, I felt like I was in a Dream my heart was going absolutely scary I woke up my sister boyfriend and had him talk to me and sit In my room with me until I could fall asleep. He also have me Another Xanax since it was about 7 hours since my first. I started to get tired and bam fell asleep. Woke up and everything was deferent.... Nothing looked the same Kinda cloudy and bright I was anxious after a shower my heart would race my mind started thinking fast and so ask someone please Take me to the ER.. I felt like my life was complete chanced and I was doomed. I'm an actor my personally is my job! So I get to the ER the DR says I need meds until I see my normal doctor who will get me on low everyday meds that will get me over my anxiety. the meds she gave me knocks a panic attack (heart, mind racing) out in 5 mins and I actually feel really normal! I'm happy singing ect. Here's what I believe And read.. It is ALL in our heads but it's never much real.. With that being said you must over come what we've experience.. A panic attack is a horrible experience probably one of the worst in our lives I mean dude we feel like we're dying!! And since we know we're not it only makes it that much easier to over come. Marijuana will stay in your brain for weeks and mths I smoked for 5ish years since my main attack (last week) I've stopped and the withdrawals aren't fun. Stomach aces, Paranoia, ANXIETY! And lack of appetite. Get some anxiety fast acting pills to help you over come your withdraws. You can withdraw for weeks after only smoking once!! Trust me it's called trama.. I honestly think what made me feel better was just listening to relaxing music on YouTube as just crying my eyes out.. After that I hugged my family ad cried a little more and prayed to god to heal my soul. It's been 2 Days since the ER and I'm perfectly normal! The meds , water, and faith help so much!!!!!! Good luck and remember you're not alone! Email me if you have any questions

***post is edited by moderator *** private e-mails not allowed*** Please read our Terms of Use

Can u give me ur contact details, Ihavebeenthere70? I'd like to ask u a few questions

:) You will be alright bro ! trust me Just stay relax and face that fear untill u realize its just an illusion(NOT TRUE)..

<~~ SURVIVOR FROM PANIC ATTACK CAUSED BY WEED!

go to my facebook page! just search (MARIJUANA CAN CAUSED PANIC ATTACK)

LETS TALK THERE!